5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

E torque with 12 volt accessories

Scott936

Reaction score
2019 1500 Limited 2wd with 5.7 E Torque, I tow a trailer with a 5k winch dose anyone see any reason why I cant tie on to the battery to power that winch in my trailer?? I had this set up on my 2500 Laramie with no issues but this E Torque is a different animal.

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No reason you can't - just run ample gauge wiring directly from the battery to the winch. The 48v system runs isolated from the 12v battery (technically 1 way charge to the 48v pack which then sends power to the MGU)

Konrad

Reaction score
No reason you can't - just run ample gauge wiring directly from the battery to the winch. The 48v system runs isolated from the 12v battery (technically 1 way charge to the 48v pack which then sends power to the MGU)

Also, if I'm not mistaken, it is able to help the 12V system through a 48V->12V converter, when it needs more juice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online

Members online