5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

e torq?

jljbtm

Reaction score
I have the 19 without e torq on a 5.7 l and was wondering how you guys with e torq like it on your 5.7 L ? Is it problematic? does it tow well?? That is my ultimate decision maker does it get decent mileage and does it tow (more) well?
thx Jack

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Compatible
does it tow well?? That is my ultimate decision maker does it get decent mileage and does it tow (more) well?

E-Torque makes little to no difference when towing. With the Crew Cab, ETorque will actually have a slighly lower tow rating than a regular 5.7L because of the payload reduction

Last edited:
Compatible

E-Torque makes little to no difference when towing. With the Crew Cab, ETorque will actually have a slighly lower tow rating than a regular 5.7L because of the
Because of the what??? Don’t do that to us, man

I have the 19 without e torq on a 5.7 l and was wondering how you guys with e torq like it on your 5.7 L ? Is it problematic? does it tow well?? That is my ultimate decision maker does it get decent mileage and does it tow (more) well?
thx Jack

I've had no issues and I'd buy it again. I have noticed a difference when towing, pulling away from a stop light/sign is one place it helps and I've noticed that under braking that etorque also seemed more aggressive to help slow the truck.

etorque Ram actually beat the EcoBoost F150 towing

Compatible

E-Torque makes little to no difference when towing. With the Crew Cab, ETorque will actually have a slighly lower tow rating than a regular 5.7L because of the payload reduction
The one notable exception is the “max tow” configuration, which requires eTorque (and isn’t a crew cab). But that configuration is a unicorn; I’ve never seen one equipped that way.

The one notable exception is the “max tow” configuration, which requires eTorque (and isn’t a crew cab). But that configuration is a unicorn; I’ve never seen one equipped that way.

eTorque in that configuration still doesn’t increase towing capacity. The increase is thanks to the 256mm (10.0”) rear axle.

FCA simply requires eTorque as a means to market it. Giving the perception to consumers that it increases towing capacity.

thx Jack

Two eTorques in the family and both have been trouble free. Have used both to tow travel trailer and boats with zero issues. Whether or not eTorque helps with towing is difficult for us to determine as the system works so seamlessly with the Hemi. We are very happy with them.

I've had it on two different trucks and love it. No issues over multiple years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back