5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Driving without cv axles

Matthews777

Reaction score
I have a 2020 ram sport with worn intermediate shafts and cv axles. I have found the parts to replace but going to be a bit before they make it in. Anyone ever pulled the cv axles and drove without them for a week? I’m driving about 5 hours a day next week and am starting get concerned of a failure while driving.

Don’t do it. I did this on an old Chevy years ago. I made it about 5 miles before the hub let loose. Apparently the cv axle plays a pretty big part in the hub holding together. It was an expensive lesson that day. Many other parts were damaged when it happened.

Don’t do it. I did this on an old Chevy years ago. I made it about 5 miles before the hub let loose. Apparently the cv axle plays a pretty big part in the hub holding together. It was an expensive lesson that day. Many other parts were damaged when it happened.
Oh I 100% wouldn’t do it on a older vehicle but on the 4th gen’s it worked because the hubs were exactly the same on the 2wd & 4wd but the 5 gen’s actually have different hubs although they made exactly the same

Users who are viewing this thread

Back