5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Driveway exhaust modification

SupremeWill

Reaction score
I installed a 14" Magnaflow with offset 3" inlet and outlet part number 13239. It was super easy and cheap and I did it in my driveway.
All you need is the muffler, a short piece of 3" pipe approximately 14" long and belled on one end, and three 3" exhaust clamps. For tools you just need a metal saw, ratchet with 15mm and 16mm, and a pry bar to pop off the rubber hangers.
The muffler is offset on both ends so it lines up perfect and no pipe bending is needed. I cut approximately 2" in front of the muffler and 1" behind the muffler. Everything goes together super easy if you unbolt the remaining front piece of fact exhaust pipe, put it all together then rebolt it. If your tips are not sticking out equally then rotate your muffler till they are, this help adjust the rear piping.
All together this cost me about $110 and it sounds great.

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Exactly what I have! Sounds good, not too loud while cruising but a nice rumble while accelerating:cool:
EDIT: mine isn’t quite exact, part # 14239, 5x8 oval, 14” muffler length, 20” overall, just to clarify. Thanks(y)

Last edited:

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nice! What bed cover do you have and do you recommend it?
It is a EXPRESS tonno, a soft roll up with the velcro sides. I do like it. I have had these kind on other trucks. Only part I don’t like is the back only latches on one side. It is spring loaded and self adjusting and seemed a bit loose. A couple times on extremely windy days it would become unattached in the back at the lever. I simply bent the lever handle to hold the cover tighter and it seemed to have worked. Just wish it had a latching lever on both sides instead of just one.

DanSkan

Reaction score
I did the exact same with the Flowmaster Super 44 muffler. The key is getting offset inlet and offset outlet so you can use a straight pipe extension. I used a 3" x 14" stainless. The hanger needs to be mounted to the pipe just behind the muffler.
Easy, cheap, sounds great, deep rumble, not too loud, enjoyable.

Users who are viewing this thread