5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Driver's Heated Seat Mod to Seat-back Only - need info to disconnect lower cushion

Reaction score
Hello, I'm trying to disconnect the bottom cushion from the seat heating system on the driver's side. I recently owned a GMC which had a separate seat-back and whole-seat switches. Like many of you, I have herniated discs all over the place. I sometimes found out soothing on the GMC to run the seat back only. Since I have only one switch, I would be happy if it heats the seat-back only (I'm in FL and rarely need any heat due to weather).

I'm posting a photo from below the bottom of the seat back, of the only canon plug I could find when peeling back the seat cover by hand from below. I disconnected the plug, and the seat heater light would come on when I pressed the switch, and then shut back off. I'm not sure if the truck has the CANBUS system, but that would make sense if a microcontroller was sensing the voltage.

I realize it's a long shot, and may have to drop this project, but wanted to check and see of anyone had the answer. Thanks.

IMG_4829.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread