5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Driver side footwell wet

carl.net

Reaction score
The driver-side footwell gets wet on my 2019 RAM 1500 Big Horn Crew Cab 4x4 after it rains. I took my truck in for service and they were unable to find the issue and suggested I take it to a body shop. I tried sitting upside down in the driver’s side seat and having someone spray water on the truck while I looked for leaks. I was unable to see a leak. Before I take my truck to the body shop, I was wondering if anyone has had the same issue and knows the fix?

Thomasp4920

Reaction score
Either the 3rd brake light or the back glass or sunroof if you have one.

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk

carl.net

Reaction score
No sunroof, and the back carpet does not get wet, only the driver-side footwell.

Reverse

Reaction score
Early Rams had an issue with a weld in front driver doorjamb not being complete (i.e had small gaps). Could be your issue. More info here

GerryS

Reaction score

Gerry

carl.net

Reaction score
Great responses! Thank you. Just called the Dodge body shop down the street, and they said yep. Bring it in and we will fix! I will report back on what they found.

carl.net

Reaction score
It ended up being the upper part of the body seam above the top door hinge. The fix was about $250, including labor. Now I just need a good rain to see if what they fixed was the only leak. I greatly appreciate the pointers on here as it allowed me to do some initial troubleshooting which I belive saved me some money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/