5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Driver airbag squib

Mfernan244

Reaction score
Backstory: I bought a crashed 2021 Ram 1500 Laramie. Driver airbag needs to be replaced, but the airbag connectors were cut off.

Does anyone have the color order per squib?

Or is replacing the entire Clockspring my only option?

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Backstory: I bought a crashed 2021 Ram 1500 Laramie. Driver airbag needs to be replaced, but the airbag connectors were cut off.

Check out Alldata diy. Money well spent IMO.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Have you already replaced other parts, or just wanting to replace airbag? So you know, there are many other parts that need to be replaced, if the airbag pops. I did it once on a Ford Focus. Modules, and seat belts also have to be replaced. They are a one shot deal, and will set off the light, until they are replaced.

Mfernan244

Reaction score
Yes, I’ve replaced module, seat airbag, curtain and seatbelts. The driver airbag is easy, I just needed to know what wires should be paired up. I will post the wire order here for future reference, even though I know my situation is very specific and unlikely to happen

Thanks for the replies!

Mfernan244

Reaction score
Here are the wire colors per squib

Squib 1: Bu/Bn & Gn/Og
Squib 2: Gn/Vt & Db/Wh
Squib 3: Gy/Og & Gn/Ye

Users who are viewing this thread