5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drive train wobble

R2E

Reaction score
I have a 2018 ram 2500 diesel. Bought it new.has 30 000 eady miles on it .from a dead stop out of the hole it shakes. Its a automatic by the way. And it shakes considerably more with a trailer behind it . Dealer is telling me its normal ?

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Definitely not normal. The shaking is possibly from the driveshaft, the differential, or loose/worn out trailing arm bushings. From a dead stop I'd bet on trailing arm or bad u-joint

R2E

Reaction score
Definitely not normal. The shaking is possibly from the driveshaft, the differential, or loose/worn out trailing arm bushings. From a dead stop I'd bet on trailing arm or bad u-joint
They replaced the driveline a d carrier bearing. No change. Having owned plenty of manual rigs. The vibration feels like bad pressure plate. Or burnt clutch disc .goes back in wed.we will see

Users who are viewing this thread