5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drifting in Neutral

mwillie

Reaction score
I had a 2018 RAM and there were many discussions about drifting in neutral (taking truck to car wash) and it causing damage to transmission. I now have a 2021 RAM 1500 HEMI 5.7 4x4 quad cab and I am looking for advice/knowledge for doing this. Can this be done without damaging the transmission? Does it even cause damage to the transmission?

I had a 2018 RAM and there were many discussions about drifting in neutral (taking truck to car wash) and it causing damage to transmission. I now have a 2021 RAM 1500 HEMI 5.7 4x4 quad cab and I am looking for advice/knowledge for doing this. Can this be done without damaging the transmission? Does it even cause damage to the transmission?

Never heard of that one...I can say that I had 3 4th gens and took them all through auto washes like that where you put them in neutral. Never had any transmission issues, my 5th gen goes through usually once a week now too.

Nonsense. You'll be fine.

Cheers

Just leave the engine running. Once you shut it off, it will shift into park.

You have the option of pushing the N button on the 4X4 buttons (You'll need a pen or something) to put the transfer case into neutral.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back