5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dreaded Tea Kettle whistle in cab when going 55+ MPH. Anyone else experience this????

Rebob0510

Reaction score
Hi all, In the last week or so my truck has unfortunately developed from what I have found online is to be the "tea kettle whistle". Its not super loud but on a 1-10 its a solid 9.5 annoying LOL.

As soon as you go above 55mph you can hear this whistle and it sounds to be behind the dash. The sound does not change weather you are on auto climate or manual climate and adjusting the blower motor speed or if you change it to recirculation mode. The only thing I have found to stop it is after some looking I completely taped up the air vents at the base of the windshield under the hood for the outside air inlet, Drove hundreds of miles over a few days with NO whistle, The only issue is with that taped up it messed with the blower motor and would cause the windshield to fog. Removed the tape and all works good now other than the damn whistle is back. its a 2020 with 62k so I have no factory warranty left... anyone else have this issue and either fixed it themselves or had the dealer fix it?

Hi all, In the last week or so my truck has unfortunately developed from what I have found online is to be the "tea kettle whistle". Its not super loud but on a 1-10 its a solid 9.5 annoying LOL.

As soon as you go above 55mph you can hear this whistle and it sounds to be behind the dash. The sound does not change weather you are on auto climate or manual climate and adjusting the blower motor speed or if you change it to recirculation mode. The only thing I have found to stop it is after some looking I completely taped up the air vents at the base of the windshield under the hood for the outside air inlet, Drove hundreds of miles over a few days with NO whistle, The only issue is with that taped up it messed with the blower motor and would cause the windshield to fog. Removed the tape and all works good now other than the damn whistle is back. its a 2020 with 62k so I have no factory warranty left... anyone else have this issue and either fixed it themselves or had the dealer fix it?
Pretty sure someone posted about sealing up a hole/seam below the right A-pillar, he posted pictures also.
Might want to try a search.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back