5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Door/Tailgate Handle Chrome Inlays 2021

OhioBigHorn

Reaction score
Probably a crazy observation. My wife and I were checking some 21's on the lot and seen others out and about. It looks like the chrome is absent on the door handles of the bighorns. I know a lot of folks don't like the chrome but we thought it broke up the color and tied into the chrome bumpers. Is it an option now or no longer available?

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I'm not real familiar with the different things you can get for the Big Horn, but in looking at the online configurator it doesn't look like you can get those on the Big Horn. It's not very hard to swap the door handles out though. You could always buy them and swap them out yourself.

It's amusing to me how some people like chrome and some don't. I fall squarely into the second category. The only chrome on my Laramie is the badges, and those will be going black as soon as the weather gets nice enough to paint in the garage. My wife's Limited has no chrome at all.

OhioBigHorn

Reaction score
I'm not real familiar with the different things you can get for the Big Horn, but in looking at the online configurator it doesn't look like you can get those on the Big Horn. It's not very hard to swap the door handles out though. You could always buy them and swap them out yourself.

It's amusing to me how some people like chrome and some don't. I fall squarely into the second category. The only chrome on my Laramie is the badges, and those will be going black as soon as the weather gets nice enough to paint in the garage. My wife's Limited has no chrome at all.
I could go either way, but I do like the chrome on mine. Just kind of reminds me of the trucks from the 80's and 90's I grew up with.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I could go either way, but I do like the chrome on mine. Just kind of reminds me of the trucks from the 80's and 90's I grew up with.
My formative years were in the 60's and 70's, so you'd think I would be a fan of chrome. I do like it on those old cars and trucks, I just don't like it on modern ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online