5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Door Locks

ivory

Reaction score
2019 Laramie crew cab 6 ft 4 in box 4x4. The doors seem to sometimes lock at 17 mph sometimes 27 mph sometimes 36 mph is that a problem when should they lock

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Haha, that's something I haven't really paid attention to. For me it's a non-issue. Auto locking door locks is probably about the last thing on my list of must-haves. It's right up there with MDS for me. No disrespect for anyone who places a higher importance on those things. I'll try to remember to pay a little closer attention to what speed my doors lock now.

397STROKER

Reaction score
I believe auto lock is supposed to lock when you go past 5 or 10 mph. Like others have said, not something I really pay attention to. I am sure the manual would tell you.

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
Mine seems to be at about 18 mph. I have seen it higher. I think the auto lock is a low priority on the computer network, so if it's busy dealing with something else at that moment, it gets skipped and picked up later.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Mine seems to be at about 18 mph. I have seen it higher. I think the auto lock is a low priority on the computer network, so if it's busy dealing with something else at that moment, it gets skipped and picked up later.
So you're saying it's a low priority interrupt. 😁

Idahoktm

Reaction score
I think there is something to this. When I leave my house after my truck has been sitting overnight, the doors don't lock on the first 1/4 mile stretch of road, even though I get to 25 mph. After I turn onto the next street and hit about 15 mph, they lock. Once the truck is up and running the rest of the day, it seems to lock pretty consistently approaching 15 mph.

The manual says the doors should lock at 12 mph.

Fatherof3

Reaction score
I thought it was related to the throttle position . Next time you drive it try accelerating a little quicker and see if they lock faster . Mine will do the same thing , if I take it easy with the throttle it takes longer to lock but if I have to get into traffic ( hit the throttle more aggressively ) they lock almost instantly .

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I think there is something to this. When I leave my house after my truck has been sitting overnight, the doors don't lock on the first 1/4 mile stretch of road, even though I get to 25 mph. After I turn onto the next street and hit about 15 mph, they lock. Once the truck is up and running the rest of the day, it seems to lock pretty consistently approaching 15 mph.

The manual says the doors should lock at 12 mph.
Agreed! It’s hit-or-miss on timing, much like the occasional deployed side step “forgetting” to retract for a bit. Everything works…eventually.

Users who are viewing this thread