5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Door lock binding / loud operation

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'd say I've test driven 5 or 6 different 2019 Rams before taking delivery of mine.

My passenger front door lock is very loud in operation, not a solid thud like the rest of the doors, but a very loud thud. If the door is locked and you go to pull the handle it takes a fair amount of pressure/force to get the lock to pop up and the door to open, unlike the drivers door which opens up just about like normal when locked.

I was going to take a look myself, but can't easily figure out how to remove the door panel....might be worthy of a service visit to see what's up.

Has anyone else noticed this on any 2019s?

BZ23

Reaction score
Mine did too @firecadet613 . However, i am at 2500 miles and it is much better. it was also just the driver door. It wore itself down and is not as loud now.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine did too @firecadet613 . However, i am at 2500 miles and it is much better. it was also just the driver door. It wore itself down and is not as loud now.

Thanks. I might have to give it a bit longer and set all doors to unlock so it gets broke in quicker.

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The rear power door locks on my Quad Cab are really, really loud. The first few times they actuated I thought I ran over something. The door lock buttons on the front doors in the lowered position are almost flush with the door panel, but the rears stick up quite a bit. Not sure why.

Regards,
Dusty

2019 Ram 1500 Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Now at: 000994 miles.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The rear power door locks on my Quad Cab are really, really loud. The first few times they actuated I thought I ran over something. The door lock buttons on the front doors in the lowered position are almost flush with the door panel, but the rears stick up quite a bit. Not sure why.

Regards,
Dusty

2019 Ram 1500 Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Now at: 000994 miles.
Bring it to the dealer its under warranty so use it.

DSOOBY

Reaction score
I'd say I've test driven 5 or 6 different 2019 Rams before taking delivery of mine.

My passenger front door lock is very loud in operation, not a solid thud like the rest of the doors, but a very loud thud. If the door is locked and you go to pull the handle it takes a fair amount of pressure/force to get the lock to pop up and the door to open, unlike the drivers door which opens up just about like normal when locked.

I was going to take a look myself, but can't easily figure out how to remove the door panel....might be worthy of a service visit to see what's up.

Has anyone else noticed this on any 2019s?

Mine were the same way but they seemed to break in after a few months of use. No issues anymore, who would have thought a door would need a break in period.

Users who are viewing this thread