5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Door handle installation difficulty

C4o3d2y1

Reaction score
I am adding passive entry to my 2019. Started putting everything back together and the handle on the passenger side will not slide all the way forward. I looked at the assembly and didn’t see any major issues other than I routed the additionall wires on the wrong side of the lock wire.

I got the handle on the driver side taken care of but the cap on the driver side will not lock using the Torx on the side of the door. When I tighten the screw it wedges the cap off of the door instead securing it in place. I cannot figure out why it’s doing this. Did this happen to anyone else? If so what was the issue? Any help is appreciated!

skyhawk42

Reaction score
I am adding passive entry to my 2019. Started putting everything back together and the handle on the passenger side will not slide all the way forward. I looked at the assembly and didn’t see any major issues other than I routed the additionall wires on the wrong side of the lock wire.

I got the handle on the driver side taken care of but the cap on the driver side will not lock using the Torx on the side of the door. When I tighten the screw it wedges the cap off of the door instead securing it in place. I cannot figure out why it’s doing this. Did this happen to anyone else? If so what was the issue? Any help is appreciated!

skyhawk42

Reaction score
Check the torx screw behind the handle on the outside. If it’s not seated far enough in the slot the handle won’t go all of the way in because the inner assembly isn’t lined up. Once the handle goes all of the way in the cap should tighten down

C4o3d2y1

Reaction score
So I took both carrier plates out and reinstalled them and had no problem. I noted that both carrier plates subtly snapped into place in the door I loosely put two bolts in and went to the backside and got the handle assembly situated. That also subtly snapped into place and the handles went right in. There’s a small tab where the cap goes that I don’t think I had seated all the way. Now having an issue with AlphaOBD connecting to my OBD.. trying to get it resolved. Thank for the help @skyhawk42

skyhawk42

Reaction score
What OBD interface are you using? Do you have the sgw bypass cable? I found connecting to the OBD was easy, navigating through the Alfa program took some time.

Users who are viewing this thread