5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does your A/C Work like this?

BobK

Reaction score
Now that its warmer out and using the A/C I found one thing, the first thing that annoys me about my 1500. Normally when your temp control is on Auto and you set your temp for lets say 67 deg., After the cabin is cooled down the blower level would lower itself. But in my 2021 RAM 1500, it does not seem to work like that. The A/C blower is a little loud (I have noticed this on Chrysler products I have owned before) and I am often on the phone or just listening to a podcast and its annoying.
So If I set the temp to 67 and its an 80 deg. day out, its blowing pretty hard (and cold) out the main vents. If I raise the temp up to lets say 75 it switches to blowing from the top and vents. If I then switch it to high and its pretty cooled down in the cab, it SHOULD lower the blower down but it does not. It just switches it to somewhere else, the floor I think.
Basically when AUTO is on, no matter what the temp is, no matter how high I might set it, it does not reduce the blower level, it just changes the output area.
I find myself often turning the blower level down one notch which disables auto, lowers the blower and then its a nice quiet level in the cab but I should not have to do that, it should lower the blower as it gets cooler inside. That's the point of "Auto"
Its been annoying me since the hot days have arrived and was wondering if anyone else noticed the same thing on theirs?
:)

Mine lowers the blower speed when set to auto on my 2021 once it reaches the set temperature I have it on. I do notice a significant difference, for the better, with this truck's AC compared to my 2019.

Mine ramps the fan up and down on auto, too.
It's not as aggressively mapped as other vehicles, but it will lower the fan speed as setpoint is achieved.

I am going to have to run some tests and just sit there and wait and see what happens. Because its starting to annoy the heck out of me. :)

Mine seems to be working fine. Try turning it up to like 70 and see if the fan slows. It was 100 degrees in North Texas yesterday, and my truck had a hard time getting down to temp as the interior was just so bloody hot. But it finally did and the fan did lower.

Mine ramps the fan up and down on auto, too.
It's not as aggressively mapped as other vehicles, but it will lower the fan speed as setpoint is achieved.
Ditto.

Thanks for all the feedback! I will have to test further and see if something is wrong.

I usually had mine set 70-72 and the fan would always slow down and vents would change. Of course I had all the windows tinted with ceramic and it helped a lot with how cool it felt in the truck.

Its just weird and unlike any vehicle i ever had (have had many). I can set it for a high temp or change it to a high temp and the blower level stays the same (so its loud) just changes to different vents as it reaches temp (top or floor).

OK.. Found the cause....
For the first time in months my wife was in the truck with me. When I went in a store she must have changed the passenger side temp setting bringing the sides out of Sync. I didn't notice it and the passenger side was set to LO so no matter how high I changed my side to, it kept the fans on high to bring the temp to LO for the right side. I didn't think of that or notice it since its always set to SYNC.
LOL!
Lesson... When your wife is in your Truck, check that she didn't screw something up. :) :)

Mine seems to be working fine. Try turning it up to like 70 and see if the fan slows. It was 100 degrees in North Texas yesterday, and my truck had a hard time getting down to temp as the interior was just so bloody hot. But it finally did and the fan did lower.
I don't use Auto very much, but when I saw this post I immediately went into Ram Owner paranoia mode. Mine is apparently working properly.

Best regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 03 June 2018. Now at: 052404 miles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back