5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does UConnect 4c-12 allow more AlphaObd mods?

afphinfan

Reaction score
I am looking at two used trucks one that has the UConnect 4c 12" and the other has the -4 8". I am trying to decide if the options on the one with the 8" are worth the $2.5k more than the 12" without the options. One thing that I am interested in is being able to utilize AlphaObd to "mod" the s/w ... turning on/off, changing settings, etc. Does one allow more than the other? Thanks!

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
No, I don't think either will have more options that the other. As far as modding with AlfaODB, the isn't a lot you can do with out adding hardware. Example, the auto rain sensor needs to be installed before you enable it.

2020 Bighorn Night Edition, 5.7 Hemi w/eTorque

afphinfan

Reaction score
Great, that’s the answer I was looking for. I haven’t seen either in person but wanted to see if more things could be altered because they are software buttons vs mechanical.
I fully understand that a module, accessory etc needs to be added before enabling it. Thank you.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I will say that I love the 12" screen. My ex has the 8 in her 300.

2020 Bighorn Night Edition, 5.7 Hemi w/eTorque

e55amg2

Reaction score
As mentioned above, the more equipped your truck is...the less you'll need AlfaOBD to do. IE, if the truck already has the equipment, you won't need AlfaOBD to enable it as it will likely already work.

Users who are viewing this thread