5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does entry/exit mode of air suspension work when you have a cab over camper installed?

dumbo62

Reaction score
I've been thinking of getting a truck with the air suspension. One of the benefits of the air suspension I thought would be to be able to lower the vehicle so I could drive into the garage with the camper still installed (the type of cab over camper with the roof you can lower). I looked at the owners manual online and I am unclear if I can drive even at very slow speed into the garage with it in entry/exit mode and if the weight of the camper will prevent it from lowering into entry/exit mode?

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've been thinking of getting a truck with the air suspension. One of the benefits of the air suspension I thought would be to be able to lower the vehicle so I could drive into the garage with the camper still installed (the type of cab over camper with the roof you can lower). I looked at the owners manual online and I am unclear if I can drive even at very slow speed into the garage with it in entry/exit mode and if the weight of the camper will prevent it from lowering into entry/exit mode?

If it is in Entry Exit it should not go to Normal until you hit 15 MPH if my memory serves me correctly. The Air Suspension will function unless overloaded and your payload usually needs to be over 2,000 LBS for it to go into "Safe Mode". So if your Camper is under 2,000 LBS you should be fine.

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
the advice above is correct - stick to payload or less to be on the safe side and the suspension doesn't care what's in the bed, it'll continue to operate / level / move through modes.

Users who are viewing this thread