5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

does anyone use the RAM apps that are out there

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
and when do you input your VIN after window sticker issued or after signing all the papers?

yes I know and understand some of you have and are waiting a lot longer.

I am just trying to pass time waiting and waiting and waiting

asgadf/lkjnadsfg

Reaction score
They offered to set mine up while the finance office was getting my paperwork ready. I declined simply because I don't want another app on my phone, but for reference, that's how the timing went for me. Mine wasn't ordered, I just bought it off their lot a week or two ago.

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't think the apps work until something is done at the dealership? They probably don't want people sending commands to it while its being shipped or getting a bedliner sprayed in.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I don't think the apps work until something is done at the dealership? They probably don't want people sending commands to it while its being shipped or getting a bedliner sprayed in.
My dealer insisted that I set the apps up before I leave the lot. I said no, and the salesman was pretty much begging me to set it up because he said it looked badly on him if I didn’t. I didn’t want to be an a-hole, so I spent over a half hour in an unnecessarily painful process to set the apps up.

Andymax

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'm confused. What Apps?? Uconnect? That's the only one I'm aware of and it is super easy to set up and use...Am I missing other apps?

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
I'm confused. What Apps?? Uconnect? That's the only one I'm aware of and it is super easy to set up and use...Am I missing other apps?

ram tool box and ram

Andymax

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score

ram tool box and ram
Thanks. Ram Toolbox looks mostly like a way to schedule service appointments... I'll download it, but will reserve judgement on it's usefulness for a while. I don't see 'My Ram' app on the Apple App store.

OP - I think you get uConnect for a year. I use it all the time, others have no use for it. Depends on your needs, but definitely check it out.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have my ram and uconnect apps

Ros

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My sales guy was distressed as well when I said I didn't want to do the App thing with him. I asked him what good is it since I don't have the NAV radio and he mentioned the service scheduling... I told him I'd rather call and talk to the nice lady who answers the phone instead. ;)

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My sales guy was distressed as well when I said I didn't want to do the App thing with him. I asked him what good is it since I don't have the NAV radio and he mentioned the service scheduling... I told him I'd rather call and talk to the nice lady who answers the phone instead. ;)
Mine too…so I patiently complied as we were waiting for my time in the Finance office. Then, once in there, the Finance Manager explained there was a $995 up charge for the GPS TheftPatrol tracking system that they installed in the truck when it arrived from the factory. I explained I didn’t need it as we had just activated UConnect that does the same thing. He insisted it was mandatory.

I got the truck home and removed the TheftPatrol system the next morning. The General Manager refunded the $995 a week or so later based upon my argument UConnect is free for the first year so why pay for something as useless as TheftPatrol.

asgadf/lkjnadsfg

Reaction score
I asked why I would need an app and the only thing the salesperson could tell me was an example of me getting a flat tire and the app searching and telling me a place nearby where I could get another one. Google does that better.

The next thing she offered was that I could unlock my truck with my phone, which I told her I'd never do in a million years.

I figure the app exists solely to get them onto your phone, see your location, and steal your privacy just like every other app in the world. Hard pass. Do, not, need.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Aaaand, that’s my cue to unwatch this thread.

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
IMHO, it has more to do with the survey new buyers receive from FCA/Stellantis. It asks a couple of questions on the survey if your sales person explained the system to you and helped you set it up. I’m certain FCA/Stellantis wants sales pushing the system for future revenue stream purposes (renewals for FCA/Stellantis that puts money in corporate coffers).

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the Uconnect app which has the remote start, lock, unlock, horns and lights. It has the vehicle health report that shows fuel level, remaining oil level, tire pressure, odometer and any issues with the vehicle. It also has the vehicle locator which I guess would be useful if you go somewhere like a sporting event or concert where you park in big lot and forget where you park (might be some alcohol involved). I assume it would still be enabled if the vehicle were stolen and help you locate it?

I also have the my Mopar app where you can schedule service. It has the maintenance schedule, your service records, warranty info, recalls and owner’s manual. If the service department inputs the info correctly it actually shows fairly detailed info about each service visit.

2001gw

Reaction score
My salesman told me that they "push" them to try and get the apps on your phone before you leave the dealer because they know that most people won't do it on their own. :oops:

Rsorrell2

Reaction score
Uconnect app only works during the free period or you pay for it (to expensive in my opinion for basically a health report?). Yes it also does the help button but in over 7 years of Uconnect (5 with Jeep and now 2 with RAM) I never used it.

i found I can get AAA for $50 per year if I need roadside assistance versus almost 250 for Uconnect and AAA covers both of my vehicles not ist the truck.

I use CarPlay which has a better and more updated maps.(Apple or Waze).

I have not used any of the other apps.

Users who are viewing this thread