5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does anyone know what exact part number is this?

ramr2k

Reaction score
Hi,

I was looking at the underbody of my Ram1500 crew cab and noticed this aluminum type foil. It more looks like a protection piece. It is also ripped a bit. Can anyone help to confirm is this is standard in all Ram trucks? How to identify the exact part number or and order a new one? I checked with my local dealer and they couldn’t get the details.

Attachments

• IMG_6423.jpeg
    IMG_6423.jpeg
    81.2 KB · Views: 47

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hi,

I was looking at the underbody of my Ram1500 crew cab and noticed this aluminum type foil. It more looks like a protection piece. It is also ripped a bit. Can anyone help to confirm is this is standard in all Ram trucks? How to identify the exact part number or and order a new one? I checked with my local dealer and they couldn’t get the details.
Looks like an image of part of the under-cab heat shield that my truck has.
If it is, I would leave it be and walk away, replacing would be more trouble than it`s worth. YMMW.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Id leave it, yeah it’s a bit crumbled up but still intact and doing its job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
May be a non serviced item. They don't make everything available for replacement. I'm running in to that problem, with something on my 24. I have the Bed Utility Group, and it includes a bed divider. It is supposed to have a key cylinder. The cylinder is missing in mine. I went to the dealer, and the key cylinder is a non serviced part. Even if they order a whole new divider, the lock won't match. They have to contact FCA to find out what to do.

Users who are viewing this thread