5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dodge Ram 2020 Etorqe ESP + Check Engine Problem Fault code U0111 and U1003

Reaction score
Hello
First of all, greetings from Europe. I currently have a 2020 Ram with etorqe.
Unfortunately, I have two errors, U0111- lost comumunication with battery energy and U1003 esp can c bus
After turning on the car, the errors appear and the shifter next to the 2WD button does not turn on the light indicating what drive I am driving on. The light next to the letter D, i.e. Drive, is of course lit when I switch the drive to 4WD. Auto to shifter lights up the 4WD button. When I change to 2WD again, the shifter sees that we are going to 2WD, but when I turn the car off and on again, it is the same.
I believe that the shifter, the problem with ESP and the Check engine are related. I read somewhere that people changed the batteries, but I don't know if it's the one in the front or the one behind the seats from the eturqe system. Did anyone have a similar problem and managed to solve it? I searched the forum but didn't find anything.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hello
First of all, greetings from Europe. I currently have a 2020 Ram with etorqe.
Unfortunately, I have two errors, U0111- lost comumunication with battery energy and U1003 esp can c bus
After turning on the car, the errors appear and the shifter next to the 2WD button does not turn on the light indicating what drive I am driving on. The light next to the letter D, i.e. Drive, is of course lit when I switch the drive to 4WD. Auto to shifter lights up the 4WD button. When I change to 2WD again, the shifter sees that we are going to 2WD, but when I turn the car off and on again, it is the same.
I believe that the shifter, the problem with ESP and the Check engine are related. I read somewhere that people changed the batteries, but I don't know if it's the one in the front or the one behind the seats from the eturqe system. Did anyone have a similar problem and managed to solve it? I searched the forum but didn't find anything.
All I can offer is my guess. I forget what it is called, but there is a little module attached to the negative post of the battery under the hood. It keeps track of battery state, as in charge and draw. It could be a possibility that could be a problem. These trucks are so complex, that the smallest thing throws strange codes. A battery going bad can do that. The battery that always needs replacing, is the one under the hood. If it is 3 years old, whether the battery is the problem or not, you should probably replace it, because it's due. It's also a good idea to up the size, because they put a just big enough to do the job battery in at the factory. I have a very bad memory, but I think the factory battery is an H7, but there is a spacer that can be removed in the battery tray, to fit an H8 size. Ram even sells a battery cover for the larger battery. Good luck.

Reaction score
In my case, it turned out that there was a problem with the front mechanism for engaging the 4WD drive. The drive was engaged all the time, even when I was driving in 2WD, I was actually driving in 4WD. We need to replace the front engine, which is located on the front differential, and we have uploaded new software to the BCM.
As you can see, the same symptoms but different causes.
I hope our information will be useful to others

Users who are viewing this thread