5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do Matte Black Vent-Visors Exist?

TimG

Reaction score
I've been digging around on the internet and all I can find are chrome or gloss black visors. Does anyone know if there are any matte black ones available that will match the trim of the Rebel?

JRyanPE

Reaction score
Just bought a pair of these but haven't been able to put them on yet. They look great though.....

j517

Reaction score
yes google form fit hood protectors i had both on my 1500 great product and got lots of compliments I am waiting for them to make it for the 19 2500 you will not be disappointed they shipped really quick also

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

TimG

Reaction score
Those would be perfect if they didn't have the formed-in rivet appearance. If I had that style wind/bug guard I can see how they would look good together. Thanks for the suggestion!

Surely this isn't the only option. I'm really surprised Ram doesn't offer anything.

FL Laramie

Reaction score
Just bought a pair of these but haven't been able to put them on yet. They look great though.....

Was about to put these on my Christmas List. Would you get them again? Any issues with bulging or the power folding mirrors hitting them?

ELiTE 1

Reaction score
Was about to put these on my Christmas List. Would you get them again? Any issues with bulging or the power folding mirrors hitting them?

I ordered the EGR Matte Black on Saturday from RealTruck only to find out yesterday they are on backorder till 12/20. Waiting for a refund and going to try ordering them from CarID. They say they have over 50 in stock. I was wondering the same thing about bulging and the power mirrors folding. Pics would be great if anyone has these installed. Thanks!

Carlmyman

Reaction score
Look around online, I originally tried AutoAnything.com but they sent the smoke instead of the Matte Black. Twice getting the order wrong I turned to Amazon and got what I wanted. Matte Black made by EGR to match my hood deflector. Easy install and happy customer!

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Look around online, I originally tried AutoAnything.com but they sent the smoke instead of the Matte Black. Twice getting the order wrong I turned to Amazon and got what I wanted. Matte Black made by EGR to match my hood deflector. Easy install and happy customer!

Is this you order and installed the (seebelow)? If i'm correct, this is in-channel installation so how the windows roll up & down with it installed? Been thinking to get it after i got windows tint and windows already tinted now, but i still debate between in-channel or tape on.

Last edited:

ELiTE 1

Reaction score
Looks great! No issues with the fold in mirrors? Are these the slim line or regular EGR window visors?

I installed my EGR deflectors last week. There are no issues with the fold in mirrors. The window auto up/down feature didn't work at first but after a few tries it fixed itself. I am having issues with the front visors moving when the windows go up and down. I'll probably add some double sided tape to them like the rear ones came with. That will hopefully keep them in place. Other than that I think they look great on my truck.

IMG_3738.JPG

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
During summer time, you can crack the windows and let the heat out without worry about if it will rain or not and same goes with while driving.

I guess I don’t understand the appeal for the driving scenario, but the parking thing makes sense. Thanks

Chieffreeze

Reaction score

Any problems with putting the windows up and down or movement (shaking\rattling) when the windows are down? I had some in line Weathertechs on my Tundra that would affect the auto window down in cooler temps and they would rattle when the windows were down. I wasn't going to get in channel but they look so my much better and I have chrome trim I don't want to cover up.

Carlmyman

Reaction score
Looks great! No issues with the fold in mirrors? Are these the slim line or regular EGR window visors?
Regular visor with no mirror problems. Sorry it took so long, haven't been on in awhile!
Carl

trini_kjt

Reaction score
Just a heads up - I ordered the EGR Matte Black, and these hit on my Laramie's driver-side mirror. Returning for something else as I don't want it scratching.

Kone

Reaction score
Just a heads up - I ordered the EGR Matte Black, and these hit on my Laramie's driver-side mirror. Returning for something else as I don't want it scratching.
Same here on my 21 Big Horn. The driver side mirror hits the deflector ever so slightly, passenger side mirror doesn't touch at all.

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the EGR's on my truck - had them on my 2019 BH and just moved them to my new laramie. The mirrors bump them slightly when folded but it never damaged the mirrors or the visors. I have never had any issues with rattle or movement with windows down or up. The key is to seat them properly on install as the directions suggest and you'll be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread