5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DIY Mopar lift kit

baillar2

Reaction score
Looking for opinions on assembling a lift kit for my 2021 1500 non-ORP.

I installed the 5100s on my 4th Gen at max height and the ride suffered. I learned my lesson so I'm curious if anyone has done a setup as follows
ORP front coil springs (adds an inch or so?)
Bilstein 5100 on the front set to gain 1.3"
Mopar lift kit UCAs

ORP rear coil springs (adds roughly an inch?)
5100 rear springs.

I'm looking for just under 2 inches total in the front and just under an inch in the rear. My thought on combining the ORP springs in the front is so I can reduce the setting on the adjustable shocks to avoid having to compress the spring as much that gave me the harsh ride on my last truck.

The Mopar lift UCAs are really affordable and are built to handle a 2" lift so I think I'm safe there. I'm not sure what 'jounce spacers' are or the track bracket included in the Mopar lift either.

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Rear jounce spacer/bumpstops grab Metalcloak JT rear bumpstops. Trackbar bracket you can buy online, or local dealership.
Many run the ORP coils with Bilstein and happy.
Rear would be your choice, but I would match with ORP coils.

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I run Mopar 2” UCA with 2” RC struts and have zero issues in 10k miles. I also installed the MetalCloak JT bump stops for my rear which has Bilstein B12 1.5” coils and 5100’s. Love the way she drives.

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a Rebel so I already have the ORP springs. One suggestion I would make is to set the 5100 spring seat to 4 rather than 5. On setting 5, you will be level, so any load at all will droop the rear. I also noticed some ride impact having mine on setting 5, so if I was to it again, setting 4 is a good place. Also with setting 5, many are adding 1" rear blocks to assist in the droop situation, so unless you want max lift, setting 4 might be a good choice, which allows you to not touch the rear with 1" blocks.

Lastly, if you raise the front end, the angle of the sway bar changes, so new sway bar endlinks, for leveled trucks, should be installed.

baillar2

Reaction score
I have a Rebel so I already have the ORP springs. One suggestion I would make is to set the 5100 spring seat to 4 rather than 5. On setting 5, you will be level, so any load at all will droop the rear. I also noticed some ride impact having mine on setting 5, so if I was to it again, setting 4 is a good place. Also with setting 5, many are adding 1" rear blocks to assist in the droop situation, so unless you want max lift, setting 4 might be a good choice, which allows you to not touch the rear with 1" blocks.

Lastly, if you raise the front end, the angle of the sway bar changes, so new sway bar endlinks, for leveled trucks, should be installed.
Great input, that was my experience with the 5100s on my 4th Gen ram. I had them set to the top setting so the truck was maybe even a fraction of an inch high in the front. I only tow a small camper so the squat wasn't terrible, but the ride quality suffered quite a bit. I would be happy with about 1.5" total left in the front. I was hoping to split that increase in height between the taller spring and the shock as opposed to relying entirely on the shock compressing the spring to get the height.

Users who are viewing this thread