5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Display Theme Defaults to Factory Preset Randomly

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So, hit the assist button this morning and got Sam on the line. Uconnect support through the truck is useless. Canned responses, lots of fake clicking on a keyboard and misinformation.

Finaly dragged it out of her through a lengthy and painful conversation that the updates some of you are getting over the air are an early beta for the upcoming wide release in Oct. Some will start their truck in the morning and have it, while others will have to wait.

If anyone gets a better answer, please post it and the reps name/ID you spoke with.

Accountant

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Seems like when you use passive entry to unlock the doors, this makes the display theme on the cluster go back to default. Using the key fob to unlock the door keeps the custom theme.

Accountant

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Fawk. I have no clue lol. It changed when I used the key fob.

Then this morning I used passive entry and it didn’t change lol.

19 streak

Reaction score
So, hit the assist button this morning and got Sam on the line. Uconnect support through the truck is useless. Canned responses, lots of fake clicking on a keyboard and misinformation.

Finaly dragged it out of her through a lengthy and painful conversation that the updates some of you are getting over the air are an early beta for the upcoming wide release in Oct. Some will start their truck in the morning and have it, while others will have to wait.

If anyone gets a better answer, please post it and the reps name/ID you spoke with.

Is there a way we will know if the update has been completed? I was at my dealer yesterday about this issue and Chrysler told them there isn't a fix quite yet for this. There should be an over the air update within the next few months.

19 streak

Reaction score
So yesterday I got in my truck and when I started it, The truck made 3 audible chimes that I'd never heard before. There were no messages on the dash or anything letting me know what the comes were. So i decided to try changing my theme again thinking the chimes were to let me know of an update that happened. I drove home with the theme set and later lastnight I took my son out for Halloween and for the first time the theme saved. I'm not sure if it's coincidence or not. If it's still saved when i get in it this morning I'll be pretty convinced that those chimes i heard yesterday had something to do with it

19 streak

Reaction score
Scratch that thought. Right back to factory default. Frustrating. Needless to say I have no idea what that chime was then

Cparks22

Reaction score
I have the same problem with my 2019 Ram 1500. I have it in the shop today with one is the items is the change also.

hup5150

Reaction score
I am reporting this same exact problem. I just received my truck couple weeks ago. I had it custom-built. Nothing fancy just a big horn with the navigation. Rugged brown with the mountain Brown interior.

Ramduke

Reaction score
Doesn’t Chrysler pay attention to things like this?! I just had my 8.4” replaced by the dealer (17k miles) because of every other issue posted previously... How can they let something so simple like retaining “Display Theme” go unanswered?!!! These trucks are pretty darn expensive.
ITS CODE! FIX IT!!!!!
This really pisses people off!

Users who are viewing this thread