5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Display Screen Blanked Out

CSB ID

Reaction score
In a 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, the display screen blanked out when I was starting up. Yes, I immediately checked to see that it was turned on, the dimmer switch checked, and turned off and restarted the vehicle. The header and footer displays worked. The backup camera worked. Next step was to remove the fuze for the radio (Interior panel # F44). The fuze was fine, reinstalled, and everything worked. One point - Ram does not put a fuze box diagram in the Owner's Manual. I found one online. Hope that helps someone. The blanked out screen seems to be a recurring event in the forums.

irishwake63

Reaction score
I have the flashing issue do you have anything plugged into USB?

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
In a 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, the display screen blanked out when I was starting up. Yes, I immediately checked to see that it was turned on, the dimmer switch checked, and turned off and restarted the vehicle. The header and footer displays worked. The backup camera worked. Next step was to remove the fuze for the radio (Interior panel # F44). The fuze was fine, reinstalled, and everything worked. One point - Ram does not put a fuze box diagram in the Owner's Manual. I found one online. Hope that helps someone. The blanked out screen seems to be a recurring event in the forums.
They do put the fuse box diagram in the manual, and on the cover of the boxes themself.
A forum member also made this. It depends on the truck but a good starting point if you don't know.
1690922328849.png

I would also recommend a factory reset of your head unit for any problems with it.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
They do put the fuse box diagram in the manual, and on the cover of the boxes themself.
A forum member also made this. It depends on the truck but a good starting point if you don't know.
View attachment 164300

I would also recommend a factory reset of your head unit for any problems with it.
People just never look in the manual. I've seen a few different threads where people are looking for answers that ARE in the manual. And yeah, it seems every body should do a reset after every OTA update.

Users who are viewing this thread