5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Disappointment

poopo happens

Reaction score
I recently purchased a brand new 1500, 4wd Ram with the new body style, a 6'4" box, 5.7 liter motor, no ram box but does have the mft....
Will someone PLEASE tell me where to find a solid toneau cover for my truck? By solid I mean folding or hard roll up?

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Quick answer...you need the aftermarket brackets to replace the OEM brackets and the can run pretty much whatever cover you want. Definitely take a look at the thread that was listed above.

Calileta

Reaction score
I recently purchased a brand new 1500, 4wd Ram with the new body style, a 6'4" box, 5.7 liter motor, no ram box but does have the mft....
Will someone PLEASE tell me where to find a solid toneau cover for my truck? By solid I mean folding or hard roll up?
I went with the diamondback SE so I wouldn’t have to replace the OEM brackets. From what I could tell, the replacement brackets still required modification to the rails of the other covers I was interested in. The diamondback doesn’t but I’m a little concerned about having the hinge point across the middle of the bed. I’ll have the truck and the cover next week so I’ll find out soon. The Extang solid fold was a contender, but I didn’t like the latching system.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I feel like the title is clickbait

Users who are viewing this thread