5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Disabling Apple Carplay

Dikky

Reaction score
Hi all .... When my wife and I are driving long distances she likes to plug in her phone and play a game on it while it charges. The problem is carplay recognises the phone and I lose the radio and all we hear is the game sound effects. There's probably a simple solution to this in the phone or uconnect settings and I'm sure some of you think this is a dumb question but I'm asking it anyway :giggle:

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You can buy a 'charge only' cable that won't pass data. Does it play the game sounds even when you switch it back to FM or SXM? That's weird. You can also disable Carplay directly on her phone:
Screenshot_20210528-211211_Samsung Internet.jpg

mmcbeat

Reaction score
Or she could use one of the ports that are not connected to the sound system, charge only. In my truck the port in the console does not interface with the sound system.

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Or she could use one of the ports that are not connected to the sound system, charge only. In my truck the port in the console does not interface with the sound system.
That too. Forgot about the console/armrest port.

Vigocarpath

Reaction score
I’m having the same issue but with the kids in the back seat. Is the charge only cable the only solution for the rear ports? We’ve turned the settings off on the iPad and it still does it.

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m having the same issue but with the kids in the back seat. Is the charge only cable the only solution for the rear ports? We’ve turned the settings off on the iPad and it still does it.
20210610_103627.jpg

Port #3 on the left will activate Carplay, port on the right will not (charge only). You can also plug in a good old-fashioned wall charger to the 115v outlet right under the USBs.

Users who are viewing this thread