5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Disable power running boards only for Driver door

Myk5486

Reaction score
Does anyone know/think its possible to disable the power running board for only the driver door? I have them on my Laramie Longhorn and pretty much everyone but me needs them to get in the truck. I was just wondering if its possible to do this to save the thing from open/closing so many times.

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score
Does anyone know/think its possible to disable the power running board for only the driver door? I have them on my Laramie Longhorn and pretty much everyone but me needs them to get in the truck. I was just wondering if its possible to do this to save the thing from open/closing so many times.
Directly behind the driver's side front wheel well is the motor for the driver's power running board. There is a connector that can be removed and that would possibly disable just that side. The connectors would in turn need to be protected from the elements somehow. Worth a shot.

When I was installing the power boards on my Rebel the passenger side connector wasn't fully seated, so the board did nothing.

Myk5486

Reaction score
Directly behind the driver's side front wheel well is the motor for the driver's power running board. There is a connector that can be removed and that would possibly disable just that side. The connectors would in turn need to be protected from the elements somehow. Worth a shot.

When I was installing the power boards on my Rebel the passenger side connector wasn't fully seated, so the board did nothing.
Thank you, will it disable the entire running board on the driver side? Or will do it just for the driver door? I want it to still deploy for the driver side rear door. Basically work for everyone but me.

Cravenfan

Reaction score
May be easier to just learn to love the deployment...I don't need it, but I feel more powerful when I step up, look over the entire parkinglot, salute to the smaller, less impressive vehicles and then duck my head in like Dale Earnhardt.

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score
Thank you, will it disable the entire running board on the driver side? Or will do it just for the driver door? I want it to still deploy for the driver side rear door. Basically work for everyone but me.
This would disable the entire running board. To have the boards not monitor just one door you would have to dive in to the controller programming. Even AlfaOBD can't do what you are asking.

Myk5486

Reaction score
This would disable the entire running board. To have the boards not monitor just one door you would have to dive in to the controller programming. Even AlfaOBD can't do what you are asking.
Haha, ok. I figured it wouldn't be something that is easy or even possible but had to double check. I will learn to love step.

Users who are viewing this thread