5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Did stupid thing and got 1/2 tubing stuck in filler tube

Ted wilson

Reaction score
I had a ram diesel that got totaled. It had 4/4 tank of diesel. I hooked up a 1/2 hose to the pump and opened the drain. I put the other end into a new 2500 and did not notice any resistance as i put the tube into the filler.

After i transferred the diesel i tried to pull the tubing and it was stuck. It looks like there is a lever or something that will not let me get the tubing out.

I tried pulling hard.
I sharpened a 3/8 rod down to a wedge. And got it between the tube and the metal disk just a little.

No luck.

Any recommendations?

I could cut the tubing and shoved it onto the tank. The piece is probably going to be 3-4 inches long which i do not think will inyergerr woth tne pump.

Any other recommendations?

Ted wilson

Reaction score
Well
I saw a video about putting a screw driver down the inside to get past the flapper and pick it up. I tried it and ended up shoving the tube down into the tank.

It is plastic do the diesel wont bother it. It should settle to the bottom and i hope it dosnt bother anything. It is probably 8-10 inches long.

The flapper closes and seals with no check engine light.

I could drop the tank and pull the pump to pull it out but that seems like a lot of work.

daustin

Reaction score
I'd get that tube out of the tank. I would imagine it could damage the pump and float when it is sloshing around in there.

Users who are viewing this thread