5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Did some things to my Eco today

D-dub

Reaction score
I added the Husky Liners mud flaps. I also for the first time added 1.5oz of the Hotshots EDT, then filled her up. I also checked the oil and found that she was about a quart low. So I added about a quart to top off. I used the QS 5w-40 that meets the FCA MS-12991 spec. Level is now in the middle of the cross hatches on the dipstick. I know that new engines can consume some oil breaking in, it's happened to me before. Being this is my first diesel, I have about 650 miles on the clock. I wonder how many more miles before it stops using oil and everything settles in?

Dragonmaster13

Reaction score
Sounds about right for oil. They typically aren’t using oil, it’s just getting absorbed by all of the micro-porosity in the metal channels as it flows until they are saturated.

Should be good by about 1000miles.

Dragonmaster13

Reaction score
Anyone else despise the dipstick on these? With clean oil it’s almost impossible to tell the oil level.

Users who are viewing this thread