5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Did my dealership pull a fast one on me?

JamesS

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Ram 1500 with the longhorn package. Was wondering if my dealership switched my kick plate to the plain ones. Mine don’t have the “Ram” stamped in the metal. Does anyone here have a longhorn with plane metal on their kick panels in the front?

Attachments

• DD980CC1-9B91-4EBE-882A-FF154E394AF2.png
    DD980CC1-9B91-4EBE-882A-FF154E394AF2.png
    296.9 KB · Views: 247
Same here, no RAM logo on kick plate.

p.s: you signatures stated 3.98 rear axle :unsure:

I thought that was an option only deal ?

Now they may have added that to the 2020 but we need someone who has an actual 2019 like the OP. Sadly it seems some things have been added / taken away over the year difference.

Same here, no RAM logo on kick plate.

p.s: you signatures stated 3.98 rear axle :unsure:
Thanks for your response. I entered all that information that’s a typo. Will fix that. Thanks

I have a 2019 Ram 1500 with the longhorn package. Was wondering if my dealership switched my kick plate to the plain ones. Mine don’t have the “Ram” stamped in the metal. Does anyone here have a longhorn with plane metal on their kick panels in the front?
there is no way a dealership is going to take the time to swap out scuff (kick) plates on a vehicle.

there is no way a dealership is going to take the time to swap out scuff (kick) plates on a vehicle.
I have seen posts on this forum that dealers have swapped out rim's from one truck to another. So anything is possible. The scuff (kick) plates can be removed in just a light pull. No tools required. But sounds like it's just something they started put in the 2020.

Yes like I stated I think 2020 gained some things and lost other things. Good to know that if you want them you can order them from a 2020 truck. :)

I have seen posts on this forum that dealers have swapped out rim's from one truck to another. So anything is possible. The scuff (kick) plates can be removed in just a light pull. No tools required. But sounds like it's just something they started put in the 2020.
i get it, some places are unscrupulous. Yes anything is possible, not buying swaping $175 set of kick plates.

Not sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back