5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Did I Just Get An OTA Update? Or A Firmware Crash?

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Drove to the market today, and when I started the truck to head home, the display froze with the last rearview on the screen, and wouldn't do anything else until I was nearly out of the parking lot. Then it went black for a bit, then came up with the big RAM logo, then brought up a warning something to the effect that I should not be watching the screen while driving and made me press the "accept" (bit of irony there). Then it came up with a TomTom logo, which I've never seen before and informed me that it was loading the map. Finally about halfway home the map display came on and showed my actual location.

Everything seems normal now, but I'm a bit concerned that this all came about without any apparent reason or warning. So, was this an update? Or just a random crash and reboot?

cskindt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Drove to the market today, and when I started the truck to head home, the display froze with the last rearview on the screen, and wouldn't do anything else until I was nearly out of the parking lot. Then it went black for a bit, then came up with the big RAM logo, then brought up a warning something to the effect that I should not be watching the screen while driving and made me press the "accept" (bit of irony there). Then it came up with a TomTom logo, which I've never seen before and informed me that it was loading the map. Finally about halfway home the map display came on and showed my actual location.

Everything seems normal now, but I'm a bit concerned that this all came about without any apparent reason or warning. So, was this an update? Or just a random crash and reboot?
Which version UC do you have now?
What did you have before?

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Which version UC do you have now?
What did you have before?
Don't know the answer to either one of those. Had groceries to bring in, and probably won't be back in it until sometime tomorrow. Just wondered if anyone recognized the ergonomics.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Sounds like a crash. Happens to me sometimes.

IF the system is completely off those are the screens you get.

Users who are viewing this thread