5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Diamondback HD cover owners

HarveyFister

Reaction score
Good morning all.

I have pretty much settled on a Diamondback HD bed cover. As there seems to be only a 300.00 ish difference from the SE to the HD.
What I am looking for is preferred vendors. Did they offer military discount, free shipping?
Any input and suggestions are most welcome.

Thank you.

V/R
Harv

RNB

Reaction score
I bought mine from the factory and get military discount I love my he cover

Glenn54

Reaction score
You will really like the Diamondback HD cover. I could not find any difference in price between the factory and the dealers so I ordered from the factory. I guess you found out they offer a 10% discount for veterans. One thing you need to do is check on the mounting bolt tightness of the center section. I have had to snug mine up a few times.

wayn0r

Reaction score
I installed my HD yesterday on my 2020 Rebel. I can't open the tailgate without opening the tailgate panel of the diamondback. Has anybody had the same issue? I'm wondering if I need to move the whole cover further to the front? Can somebody post pictures of how far to the front your HD is sitting?

Thanks for the help

Glenn54

Reaction score
I guess I didn't expect to be able to open the tailgate without opening the rear portion of the Diamondback. Why do you think you should be able to open tailgate without opening Diamondback cover?

wayn0r

Reaction score
Because Diamondback says so on their website:

Can you open and close the tailgate without opening a DiamondBack?
Yes. Because DiamondBack covers rest on top of the cargo box’s rails, bulkhead and tailgate and do not engage with the tailgate, opening and closing your tailgate while the cover is closed will be no issue. Even with a load on top of the cover. Auto-opening the tailgate via key fob may not work.

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
While I’m running the SE cover it’s basically HD jr. and I can open my tailgate without lifting the rear panel and also have zero water leakage. The auto open doesn’t work though, try bumping it to the front a bit and you should be fine.

wayn0r

Reaction score
Is your Diamondback closer to the cab than mine?
IMG_0148.jpeg IMG_0148.jpeg

I noticed that one of the tailgate panel locking rods was pretty tight so I loosened it up which helped and makes opening the tailgate easier.

maddog49

Reaction score
With the se the tailgate will open. You probably just need to move it a bit.

HR45th

Reaction score
How long did it take to receive your cover? I just ordered mine and hope it arrives before my next trip.

Glenn54

Reaction score
It took 12 days for mine to ship. Not sure how long it took to get here after it shipped. I think they make them when you place the order if I'm not mistaken.

How long did it take to receive your cover? I just ordered mine and hope it arrives before my next trip.

Users who are viewing this thread