5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Diamondback Bed Cover

SteelCity

Reaction score
Thanks for the pics everyone. I am seriously considering one of these covers, but can anyone tell me exactly how thick or high are they? In some pics, they look like they add a ton of height to the bed in others not so much. Another question, how do the covers look after some time in the elements? that abrasive coating cant be easy to clean.

j517

Reaction score
Thanks for the pics everyone. I am seriously considering one of these covers, but can anyone tell me exactly how thick or high are they? In some pics, they look like they add a ton of height to the bed in others not so much. Another question, how do the covers look after some time in the elements? that abrasive coating cant be easy to clean.
The cover adds about 4 inch of height off the rail. It was a bomb *** cover I traded in my truck 1500 and left it on the truck then I just ordered a new cover for my new truck be here by end of the month. Had a parashit (paragon) it's a piece of dog mess the price is great 600 or 700 bucks delivered it was a pita to install my trk has to be perfectly leveled for the stupid cover to go on properly. Diamond back dont care put it on in my driveway minor adjustments and done . A guy that works for me he is about 250 to 280 in weight jumped on top of it he thought he was going to dent it no such thing happened highly recomend u get 1

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

db682

Reaction score
Anybody got photos of the Ram Box version? How hard are they to remove if you need to use the whole bed for something taller then the rails?

SteelCity

Reaction score
The cover adds about 4 inch of height off the rail. It was a bomb *** cover I traded in my truck 1500 and left it on the truck then I just ordered a new cover for my new truck be here by end of the month. Had a parashit (paragon) it's a piece of dog mess the price is great 600 or 700 bucks delivered it was a pita to install my trk has to be perfectly leveled for the stupid cover to go on properly. Diamond back dont care put it on in my driveway minor adjustments and done . A guy that works for me he is about 250 to 280 in weight jumped on top of it he thought he was going to dent it no such thing happened highly recomend u get 1

Thanks j517 for the heads up. I can't lie, i was just on the Paragon site. I was looking at them from a price and flush to the rails finish. After havng a DB is there anyone else you would even consider?

MKD

Reaction score
Anybody got photos of the Ram Box version? How hard are they to remove if you need to use the whole bed for something taller then the rails?
I sent a message to Diamondback some weeks ago to inquire if the 180 version would fit with ram boxes. They sent me a photo of a cover that sits inside of the bed on the rails. Did not save it. Suggested to them that they should post it on their site, have yet to see it. To me, if a 180 version that sits on the bed rails required that the cover be opened to access the ram boxes, I would find that acceptable.

j517

Reaction score
Thanks j517 for the heads up. I can't lie, i was just on the Paragon site. I was looking at them from a price and flush to the rails finish. After havng a DB is there anyone else you would even consider?
I like the rolling cover I dont remember the name it ho.d up to 400 or 500 lbs of weight and u can lock it at different spots but this is the main thing in my last DB I had a small head ache rack took it off since it messed with my radar detector but i believe with the rolling cover i would not be able to do. I took off the locking rails off my 1500 limited so I think I am going to cut them and install the. On top of my DB this way I have sliding tie down points I was thinking of putting one near window this way i can have a micro head ache rack

I know paragon has that great price point they have good reviews but the major question is this how long u plan on keeping your truck and what is your cargo worth

A contractor who remodeled my house told me and a lesson to be learned. I am not the cheapest I am not the most expensive what I guarantee is my work. So the question is this what is it worth to u good luck bud tell us what u decide

RedRaider_84

Reaction score
Just got an SE in the smooth finish, turned out great! (Don’t mind the Pei Wei backdrop 😂)

Attachments

• C2A88405-1F35-4F32-92B1-962173443908.jpeg
    C2A88405-1F35-4F32-92B1-962173443908.jpeg
    203.6 KB · Views: 31
  • AC3894C8-FBEB-4D88-A736-76AC0EEDA4C8.jpeg
    AC3894C8-FBEB-4D88-A736-76AC0EEDA4C8.jpeg
    185.5 KB · Views: 31

Users who are viewing this thread