5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DiabloSport & pcm swap - anyone using to disable MDS?

mike_ct

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Going back and forth between a DiabloSport / pcm swap, and a HP Tuners & pcm swap. I mainly want to turn off mds, and possibly decrease torque management a bit.

whetrick1

Reaction score
I'm fixing to order one with the extra pcm so I can swap it out when I take it back for warranty work or pcm update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

green68mustang_2002

Reaction score
I have run Diablosport with custom tunes on two past gmc trucks and will be going with Diablosport on my 19 ram as well.

Dustins

Reaction score
Swapping the PCM gets around the voided warranty with a tune?

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm fixing to order one with the extra pcm so I can swap it out when I take it back for warranty work or pcm update.
Swapping the PCM gets around the voided warranty with a tune?

Seems that could be considered fraud if they found out about it....if you did that with an insurance company it definitely would be.

save the money and use the gear selector on the steering wheel to disable MDS

Kind of my thought when I saw the original post...

mike_ct

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Swapping pcm has nothing to do with warranty. It because 2015+ pcms are locked non-writable without modification.

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Swapping pcm has nothing to do with warranty. It because 2015+ pcms are locked non-writable without modification.

I understand...but go in with that swapped/tuned PCM and see how the warranty claim goes if it is anything that can be blamed on it.

Users who are viewing this thread