5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Deflector Pros and Cons

KNGSNK11

Reaction score
That does not look to bad, I may get one and see how it looks against white.

FirstRam2020

Reaction score
The MOPAR does "look" great if you don't mind the visible screws. However, the problem is the design and the clips on the hood. Even though you use the 3M PPF they provide with the clips, if you ever want to take this off down the road, those clips will ultimately do a bit of damage over the years. I am not a big fan of the 3M tape stick-on types, but the WeatherTech design, using plastic clips on the underside of the hood, truly is the best option and best design. I have had two of the WT units now...my 2019 and my 2021. They both looked great and I had zero issues with fit or hood contours.
Securityguy,
Are you still a fan of the weathertech bud/stone deflector after your post? Any noticeable difference in the accumulation splatter on the windshield? Pics would be appreciated (I have a '20 Limited, black, midnight package). Slowly spending money now on accessories. AWE Exhaust was the 1st purchase. Working my way down the list (drop in air filter vs CAI may be upcoming as well.

Skeptic

Reaction score
I've had my truck less than a week and already seeing some scratches along the leading edge of the hood from road grit and debris.

Based on the conversations here I decided to order the WT; $69 + $25 shipping + tax from WT. Worked out about the same as with free shipping from Amazon. Everything is going up.

I've had a deflector on my Silverado for 14 years and the only issue is the accumulation of pine straw, as the truck was often parked for long periods of time.

Kos

paulie79ta

Reaction score
I went with stampede chrome, attaches under the hood with supplied clips ,very clean installation and solid too.

Attachments

• 20230511_165838.jpg
    20230511_165838.jpg
    254.7 KB · Views: 30

Users who are viewing this thread