5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Deep Sound and Vibration

Black_Pearl

Reaction score
Hi, my 2019 tradesman has had two separate occasions now where I hear a repeating deep rumble and vibration. The first time was a few months back where I cranked it and moved it a short distance before letting it idle down. When I cranked it to move the truck back, I got a low, cycling rumble…like once every 5 seconds for about 6 or 7 times. Turned it off and back on and it was gone. Has not recurred until today. I drove for about 20 minutes and the rain got hard enough I had to stop. I turned the truck off and after about 15 minutes I cranked back up to be on my way. Same cycling sound, but this time it didn’t start until I started driving. It was extremely hard vibration this time. I pulled over and it stopped. Turned off and on again to try. Drove another half hour home with no issues.

any ideas?

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hi, my 2019 tradesman has had two separate occasions now where I hear a repeating deep rumble and vibration. The first time was a few months back where I cranked it and moved it a short distance before letting it idle down. When I cranked it to move the truck back, I got a low, cycling rumble…like once every 5 seconds for about 6 or 7 times. Turned it off and back on and it was gone. Has not recurred until today. I drove for about 20 minutes and the rain got hard enough I had to stop. I turned the truck off and after about 15 minutes I cranked back up to be on my way. Same cycling sound, but this time it didn’t start until I started driving. It was extremely hard vibration this time. I pulled over and it stopped. Turned off and on again to try. Drove another half hour home with no issues.

any ideas?
I’ve had this occur a few times in my life with my Rams. Typically it results in my wife giving me a very dirty look and then unrolling her window! I recommend more fiber and a replacement seat cover in the event this gets worse!

Black_Pearl

Reaction score
Haha…if it were that, I’d own up to up. In all seriousness it seems to cycle and not be a continuous vibration I didn’t notice anything on the dash or with the way the transmission shifted while it was happening. It also happened when moving and less loud at a stop before I could get into a parking lot. I’m wondering if ANC modules on frame are for some reason cycling on and off at max?

Black_Pearl

Reaction score
I have an update on this. It happened again and I noticed a pattern. Both times have been after rain. This time the sound did not pulse in and out like before. It happened when I accelerated through a parking lot. The sound and vibration correlates with the rpm increasing. I was able to get this short video.
I turned truck off and back on and it was instantly gone.

cw77

Reaction score
Not sure if the Tradesman has the active noise cancellation, but that sounds very similar to an issue I had in the Bighorn trim level. Dealer had a software flash that (so far) has taken care of mine. It was kind of an afterthought at the dealer, so my paperwork doesn't reference the TSB.

Users who are viewing this thread