5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dechrome side moldings

Buih21

Reaction score
Please don’t go ape **** on me. I spent a few hours sifting thru threads but what steps have you used to remove the limited chrome side moldings?
Anyone have pictures of their billet silver dechromed? Thinking about either vinyl wrapping or painting the front grill along with taking the moldings off

Attachments

• 7FF0CEA9-E8A0-4C42-98E2-269B2BE267AA.jpeg
    7FF0CEA9-E8A0-4C42-98E2-269B2BE267AA.jpeg
    178.1 KB · Views: 50

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Please don’t go ape **** on me. I spent a few hours sifting thru threads but what steps have you used to remove the limited chrome side moldings?
Anyone have pictures of their billet silver dechromed? Thinking about either vinyl wrapping or painting the front grill along with taking the moldings off
I just removed my side trim. I would not have done that had it been body color.
Since we both have silver billets, here’s what yours would look like from the same angle (minus the wheels):

1620391669782.jpeg

Buih21

Reaction score
I just removed my side trim. I would not have done that had it been body color.
Since we both have silver billets, here’s what yours would look like from the same angle (minus the wheels):

View attachment 92633
Looks good man. Did you have to compound or anything In that spot to remove or blend it in?

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Looks good man. Did you have to compound or anything In that spot to remove or blend it in?
Great question. I did have to compound.
There was some marring I was not able to remove it 100% (did not want to remove too much clear down there) but it’s only visible to my eyes, mainly due to paint color and location.

That being the case, I’d do it again.

Jawisa

Reaction score
Truck looks great. I ordered a Laramie Southwest Edition in Patriot Blue and wanted to get the moldings added but they were not available. Looks like I will be buying from Mopar as they have the style I want. If you would be interested in selling the ones you removed let me know.

Buih21

Reaction score
Truck looks great. I ordered a Laramie Southwest Edition in Patriot Blue and wanted to get the moldings added but they were not available. Looks like I will be buying from Mopar as they have the style I want. If you would be interested in selling the ones you removed let me know.
Yeah I’d sell them if you are interested. I have a buddy who does detailing who may take care of it I think

Users who are viewing this thread