5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

December Incentives: What stacks & what does not? (0% financing, Employee Pricing, Rebates, etc)

JB2

Reaction score
Given the variance of portrayed discounts used by dealership websites within the brand (and all brands for that matter), it would be great to have a clear understanding of what stacks and what doesn't before stepping onto the lot. Specifically with regard to the most universal scenario relating to Employee Pricing/Dealer Discounts & the FCA 0% financing offers (19's get 60-mo & 20's get 36-mo terms). Setting aside conditional rebates & TTL stuff, would the amount financed using the 0% FCA financing use the fully discounted Employee/Dealer Discounted price? Or, do some of the discount contributors in the Employee/Dealer Discounted price get invalidated by the 0% financing?

Slightly off topic, but perhaps interesting to some is what's going on at GMC right now with the 1500 Denali's. I am not interested in the Denali's, but GM is offering huge discounts on them at present... likely due to the AT4's eating into the Denali demand. However, much of those big discounts gets wiped out though if you use GM's 0% financing promotion.

iamtheav8r

Reaction score
Given the variance of portrayed discounts used by dealership websites within the brand (and all brands for that matter), it would be great to have a clear understanding of what stacks and what doesn't before stepping onto the lot. Specifically with regard to the most universal scenario relating to Employee Pricing/Dealer Discounts & the FCA 0% financing offers (19's get 60-mo & 20's get 36-mo terms). Setting aside conditional rebates & TTL stuff, would the amount financed using the 0% FCA financing use the fully discounted Employee/Dealer Discounted price? Or, do some of the discount contributors in the Employee/Dealer Discounted price get invalidated by the 0% financing?

Slightly off topic, but perhaps interesting to some is what's going on at GMC right now with the 1500 Denali's. I am not interested in the Denali's, but GM is offering huge discounts on them at present... likely due to the AT4's eating into the Denali demand. However, much of those big discounts gets wiped out though if you use GM's 0% financing promotion.
you saw GM, GMC, Caddy, etc. just got awarded least reliable brand, yes?

RichT

Reaction score
i would imagine that in most cases, if you required the full term of the loan for payback, take the 0%. If you are able to pay off early and there is no penalty to do so, take the rebates.

JB2

Reaction score
you saw GM, GMC, Caddy, etc. just got awarded least reliable brand, yes?

Sure did. Not interested in GMC's though. Including that was merely intended to give a relevant example of a non-stacking 0% financing incentive which eliminates the bulk of an aggressive discount.

Back on the Ram front, to which I am interested.... the current employee pricing/non-contingent dealer discounts do appear to stack with the 0% financing incentive. Unfortunately, 'appear to stack' doesn't matter much on a contract unless it actually stacks. Does the FCA 0% incentives stack with the Employee Pricing discounts?

iamtheav8r

Reaction score
Sure did. Not interested in GMC's though. Including that was merely intended to give a relevant example of a non-stacking 0% financing incentive which eliminates the bulk of an aggressive discount.

Back on the Ram front, to which I am interested.... the current employee pricing/non-contingent dealer discounts do appear to stack with the 0% financing incentive. Unfortunately, 'appear to stack' doesn't matter much on a contract unless it actually stacks. Does the FCA 0% incentives stack with the Employee Pricing discounts?
You have to run the amortization on whatever financing you intend to help determine where the best deal lies. I bought mine 12 days ago and I got the employee pricing, $500 rebate, $500 cash for using their 36 month 0% interest. I don't recall there being any other discounts or options available to me.

Reactions: JB2

iamtheav8r

Reaction score
That is a solid stack.
Thanks. There was some dealer discounting as well and they gave me a TON for my trade. The 36 month payment is stiff, but it'll be paid off soon so I'll suffer a bit until then.

dumbo62

Reaction score
Does the FCA 0% for 60 months incentives stack with the Employee Pricing discounts for the remaining 2019 Rams?

Cravenfan

Reaction score

My recent experience with an equal MSRP Denali CarbonPro to my Ram, GMC was off $6k and that was with giving me $1,500 more for my 2015 than Ram would. So, unless things have changed drastically, GMC is still out to lunch. Both in functionality and financing.

dumbo62

Reaction score
So I went to dealer and it appears that 0% works with Employee Pricing Plus. Unfortunately, I ended up walking out before completing deal as at the last minute they told me that the $1000 affiliate discount (USAA) and National Realtors Association $500 discount does not stack with Employee Pricing Plus (even though I was told by them over the phone that they do):mad:.

bwsall

Reaction score
Does the FCA 0% for 60 months incentives stack with the Employee Pricing discounts for the remaining 2019 Rams?
Yes, the 0% for 60 months works with the Employee Pricing. I purchased a 2019 Limited three weeks ago, and got almost $10,000 off for employee pricing, $4,000 off in rebates I qualified for, and 0% financing. I was very surprised they stacked the rebates and the 0% financing. If I had gone with the "normal FCA rate" or my own bank's rate, I would have only gotten $1,000 more off in rebates. So for me, the 0% with $4,000 in rebates was awesome!

cwelect1

Reaction score
Yes, the 0% for 60 months works with the Employee Pricing. I purchased a 2019 Limited three weeks ago, and got almost $10,000 off for employee pricing, $4,000 off in rebates I qualified for, and 0% financing. I was very surprised they stacked the rebates and the 0% financing. If I had gone with the "normal FCA rate" or my own bank's rate, I would have only gotten $1,000 more off in rebates. So for me, the 0% with $4,000 in rebates was awesome!

What rebates did you qualify for?

heydre

Reaction score
In my experience...you'll get the stack that they want to give...whether that contradicts anything previous is often disregarded. Consider incentives (outside of the loan) to be at their discretion and are not just based on whether you qualify for them or not.

bwsall

Reaction score
What rebates did you qualify for?
I had $2,500 for going to Chyrsler Capital, $1,000 conquest since I was trading in a Ford F150 (competitor vehicle), and $500 regional one based on my location ("Great Lakes Bonus Cash"). So it totaled to $4,000 in rebates.

Users who are viewing this thread