5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dealership Mopar quote

Drewsky510

Reaction score
I had my truck in for a quick warranty issue and I had the service adviser quote me on the cost to install the Mopar 2" lift as well as the bed lighting.

2" lift - all in price of $2,715; Since I have the ORG, I am not paying this much for an additional 1" if this is indeed the going rate.

Bed Lighting - $160 for the lights and $300 to install and flash the computer.

I would appreciate any input on the installation costs for these two items as they are both more expensive than I was hoping for.

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i will comment on the bed lighting.

after reading what is involved to put the lights in, shop rates at $100-$130/hr. plus supplies and other consumables, then to flash the sales code, $500 is in the realm of affordability.

John813

Reaction score
@PorBoy What did your dealer charge on install for the lift?

I've seen online the kit go for 1100 to 1300 shipped. No clue on labor hours

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't understand how the ORG has any cost savings? Makes no sense. From what I have read the ORG parts get replaced so I dont see how it will be any benefit

GATORB8

Reaction score
I don't understand how the ORG has any cost savings? Makes no sense. From what I have read the ORG parts get replaced so I dont see how it will be any benefit
The Mopar rear lift is accomplished with a spring spacer. If the ORG 1" is a new spring, that would remain making the total rear lift 3". I agree the front gets replaced. So in effect a 2F3R lift compared to non-org?

Drewsky510

Reaction score

There wouldn't be a cost savings, what I was meaning is that I'm not going to pay $2,700 to get a 1" lift. I was expecting $2,100-2,300 to install which would net me 2" over stock but only 1" over the ORG.

Drewsky510

Reaction score
The Mopar site lists the labor estimate at 4 hours, and an MSRP of $1,350.

Call it $130/hr + 1 hr align, 15% shop and tax. Total should be closer to $2300. That could probably get you a RC 6" installed.

https://www.mopar.com/ramtrucks/en-...Lift+Kit.html?year=2019&bodyStyle=DT&make=Ram
Thank you for this, I didn't notice the labor estimate on Mopar's website! I'm going to go back to my dealer to negotiate, seems like they are making some extra $$$ on the quote.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There wouldn't be a cost savings, what I was meaning is that I'm not going to pay $2,700 to get a 1" lift. I was expecting $2,100-2,300 to install which would net me 2" over stock but only 1" over the ORG.
gotcha

Users who are viewing this thread