5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dealer Toe alignment

jabara572

Reaction score
I just did the 2" readylift and UCAs on my coil rebel.

The specs on this forum list .05 +/-.05 as the max set to toe angle with a Max of .1 total toe +/- .1

The dealer set mine to .16 left and .15 right, which is beyond the max for both individual toe and total toe. However they are telling me thats perfectly in Spec for my truck according to their computer.

I believe I had a pretty bad toe OUT problem when new as the truck was incredibly darty and unstable feeling in the highway, the truck drives great now minus the steering wheel being off center by only about 1 or 2 degrees, not much...and I've rarely ever got an alignment where they could 100% center it.

My question is would you leave it as is or make them follow the spec sheet (which I have no idea where it came from)??

jabara572

Reaction score
I see what they did, the top of my sheet says 2019 RAM DT AIR SUSPENSION. I don't have air suspension. Ugh looks like I'm going back to the dealer or would you leave it?

lawlavigne

Reaction score
I would do whatever you need to to make yourself feel comfortable driving your truck. Get the answers you need and make sure they document everything especially if they are going against what is preferred once a lift is installed.

Pribilof

Reaction score
I see what they did, the top of my sheet says 2019 RAM DT AIR SUSPENSION. I don't have air suspension. Ugh looks like I'm going back to the dealer or would you leave it?

I'd go back. Or go to a better alignment shop.

jabara572

Reaction score
Yeah they have no idea. They're telling me my VIN comes back as air suspension. I'm like it's a BASE base model rebel it clearly doesn't have air ride and never did it's got coils. I showed them...see coils....they cannot comprehend that the specs are different between air and coil and keep pointing to the sheet which is all green, but ...it's the wrong sheet for some reason. Not sure why it's coming up as air but that's their problem not mine. They're acting like in asking them to align it to some crazy spec...no..just the factory specs for a coil sprung ram.

I figured the dealer was the best shot to get it right but I was totally wrong they don't even understand the issue

jabara572

Reaction score
Boom, perfect caster, camber, and toe, steering wheel centered. Drives like a dream.

It pays to always double check!!! always get the alignment sheet!

MBORO19RAM

Reaction score
There is a difference between inches and degrees on readings so make sure you are comparing apples to apples. Factory specs are for factory ride height too. Glad it drives nice for ya. Shoot over a pic of the after alignment sheet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jabara572

Reaction score
There is a difference between inches and degrees on readings so make sure you are comparing apples to apples. Factory specs are for factory ride height too. Glad it drives nice for ya. Shoot over a pic of the after alignment sheet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since it was just a 2" level and many people have reported their alignments didnt even change, i wanted it as close to factory spec as possible, which also happens to be close to what Readylift recommends (although they allow another .05 toe and .15 camber). I didnt see how more camber vs stock would help it doing highway driving which is what my truck does 99% of the time.

Before and after pics of alignment sheets are attached.

Attachments

• IMG_20200303_135016_2.jpg
    IMG_20200303_135016_2.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 71
  • received_184346022866780_2.jpeg
    received_184346022866780_2.jpeg
    100.8 KB · Views: 65

Users who are viewing this thread