5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dealer Mode on 8.4” non-Nav!!

fotomatt1

Reaction score
My truck was at the dealer for a laundry list of stuff for this week. It’s an early build (April 2018) so it has a ton of open TSB’s. One of the items was how the ventilated seats on the drivers side showed on the Uconnect screen. It was a really obscure issue that requires that the dealer open a STAR case. After two days of trying different updates with no resolution, FCA sent them a new one which fixed the problem. This morning when I got to work I thought “let me try getting into dealer mode now” and I held the bottom left and right corners of the screen and it worked!!! I guess the original software didn’t allow this, but now it does so I can see HW and SW versions. Radio also sounds a lot better and car play connection is much faster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fotomatt1

Reaction score
I can back up my settings and if I could get my hands on software I could update it....that’s about it. It’s nice to be able to know my HW and SW version if nothing else.

Jtc411

Reaction score
Can
My truck was at the dealer for a laundry list of stuff for this week. It’s an early build (April 2018) so it has a ton of open TSB’s. One of the items was how the ventilated seats on the drivers side showed on the Uconnect screen. It was a really obscure issue that requires that the dealer open a STAR case. After two days of trying different updates with no resolution, FCA sent them a new one which fixed the problem. This morning when I got to work I thought “let me try getting into dealer mode now” and I held the bottom left and right corners of the screen and it worked!!! I guess the original software didn’t allow this, but now it does so I can see HW and SW versions. Radio also sounds a lot better and car play connection is much faster.

can you tell me what hw/sw version you have now??

Thewrangler73

Reaction score
What is dealer mode? And also the HW and SW...I know very little about this stuff.

fotomatt1

Reaction score
Can

can you tell me what hw/sw version you have now??

Here’s the screens with all the info. This was not accessible prior to my system being updated yesterday.

d11afd1c80afb5e45b7305ffad9d1f67.jpg
ecf19288fd39de03c551208ff9d4188d.jpg
05149c9ac54fde00967b394580e15d1c.jpg
bdc8b7aa268a248b1c59bb955b58c5f3.jpg
b2d4ed906b23948b16aa0016582c3486.jpg

shaveman

Reaction score

This sounds like a very important update to our non-NAV 8.4" radios if it is indeed resulting in better sound and Car Play responsiveness. Others have already noted that owners of these radios got "short-changed" by FCA not including HD-Radio as advertised. So, in this case, I wonder if you could elaborate on what may have made the radio sound better? Also, just for our information, do you have the Alpine speaker system?

Is there anyone else who has received a similar update? Any information from RamCares on this?

fotomatt1

Reaction score
I do have the Alpine speaker system. Mids and highs are better and bass isn’t as muddy. The reason I got the update was because when I turned my ventilated seat on on the drivers side, the ventilated seat icon wild disappear for the middle setting as if they were off. Here’s a video showing that issue. This update resolved that but it took a whole day. They wound up opening a STAR case to get it resolved. If your truck is doing this same obscure thing you’ll likely be able to get the update. Props to my service writer for making this happen.

Newguy

Reaction score

Thank you for this information. I checked my uconnect and I have the same issue, and I'm hoping I can get an updated radio to fix. Do you have any documentation or STAR number I can reference when I take my truck in. Thanks!

fotomatt1

Reaction score
Thank you for this information. I checked my uconnect and I have the same issue, and I'm hoping I can get an updated radio to fix. Do you have any documentation or STAR number I can reference when I take my truck in. Thanks!

I don't...this took two days....they said it takes a whole day just to download each file. Either they're using dial-up, don't know what they're doing, or giving me a line. But after all that, it's basically the only thing that got fixed and honestly the least important. It's a minor software bug, but nothing nearly as awful as the incessantly squeaking brakes and stuck door.

Users who are viewing this thread