5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dealer Buyback

Blackhawktech

Reaction score
I have tried calling the 1-800- number ram customer care gave me. I have called twice and both times got a voice message and both times I left a message. No one has called me back yet, so this morning I contacted the Alabama State Attorney General’s office.

Jonnybow

Reaction score
I'd also advise on using the Lemon law. there's no lawyer involved or needed. You file the appropriate paperwork that you generate, attaching all pertinent receipts satisfying your state's lemon law requirements and it's started. The state brings in a non-biased 3rd party negotiator to discuss the options with both the owner and Dodge (has nothing to do with the dealership, they don't "buy back" vehicles) and you come to an acceptable agreement.
I went thru this process in 2000, I had a 2500 that had front brake issues. We came to an agreement that Dodge would purchase my vehicle and pay me for mileage from the first occurrence plus pay for any aftermarket parts I installed. I was satisfied with the process.

Blackhawktech

Reaction score
I'd also advise on using the Lemon law. there's no lawyer involved or needed. You file the appropriate paperwork that you generate, attaching all pertinent receipts satisfying your state's lemon law requirements and it's started. The state brings in a non-biased 3rd party negotiator to discuss the options with both the owner and Dodge (has nothing to do with the dealership, they don't "buy back" vehicles) and you come to an acceptable agreement.
I went thru this process in 2000, I had a 2500 that had front brake issues. We came to an agreement that Dodge would purchase my vehicle and pay me for mileage from the first occurrence plus pay for any aftermarket parts I installed. I was satisfied with the process.
So did you use a arbitration case to resolve this issue? I just spoke with someone about filing a arbitration request.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
No no no, you are missing the point here. HE GETS MONEY BACK, HE DOESN'T PAY ANYTHING.

He would get back about 80% of his down payment and any payments he made on the truck. So instead of PAYING 15K he gets back 80% of what he already paid.

Hence why i said just get an attorney, I would rather get back 5 or 6k instead of having to pay 15k. seems like simple math to me...
ok, I get that now. I had no idea it worked that way. To me, attorney's get a % of a settlement unless the other side is supposed to pay for it. Whatever works for the OP!

Users who are viewing this thread