5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dead dash cluster, No ignition, Keyfobs dont work

achapa1025

Reaction score
Hello everyone I know its my first post, but I hope someone might be able to assist me. I have seen many references to this form from other sources and the posts I have seen referenced were very informative. and although its taken me a bit I am happy to finally join the forum.

So the issue I have is I got in my truck and hit the ignition/start button nothing. I do not have any dash cluster doesn't even attempt to light up. Also neither key fob works anymore (unlock/lock/auto start nothing). The other stuff inside works (Interior lights come on, mirrors fold, headlights work, door buttons do unlock and lock the truck, the 12" radio screen comes on).

I did try disconnecting the battery. I also plugged a battery charger in just to make sure it wasn't dead, but the lights and stuff didn't seem dim so I wasn't confident that would actually do anything. I was really hoping that someone might have an idea of a fuse or something somewhere I can check before having it towed to a dealer and having it sit for weeks waiting to get looked at.

I have a 2022 Trx and posted on that forum as well but i thought maybe someone over here might have some insight as well.

Thanks in advance for any input.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Welcome. If you’re still under warranty, I’d take it in. Otherwise looks like possibly a bad ground or bad battery.

achapa1025

Reaction score
Welcome. If you’re still under warranty, I’d take it in. Otherwise looks like possibly a bad ground or bad battery.

I am under warranty but taking it in is gonna be a challenge.

I can pull the neutral release lever but that doesn't disable the electronic parking brake. Which is on currently and I can't turn it off. I thought about wheel dollies but my drive is on a steep grade and worry about stopping a vehicle rolling at speed downhill without having the use of its brakes.

The second challenge is it's in a garage so with wheel dollies it wouldnt clear the garage door header.

I'll run up and buy a new battery to try just in case that might be it. Ugh

achapa1025

Reaction score
So i did some digging found fuse 24 on the inside driver kick panel (15amp) was for rfhub it was no good not sure what popped it. I grabbed a 15amp from under the hood (f11 clearance lights) to test since i could not drive anywhere and that allowed me to take the parking brake off and start the truck fobs are working again. Ill keep and eye on it going forward and wont be using the parking brake any more.

skyhawk42

Reaction score
Check for water leaks @ rear window. Rfhub is on rear wall of cab. Many people have water leaks and may have shorted out rfhub causing your fuse issue

crusher

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So i did some digging found fuse 24 on the inside driver kick panel (15amp) was for rfhub it was no good not sure what popped it. I grabbed a 15amp from under the hood (f11 clearance lights) to test since i could not drive anywhere and that allowed me to take the parking brake off and start the truck fobs are working again. Ill keep and eye on it going forward and wont be using the parking brake any more.
now that it works, maybe you cool bring it to the dealer, to know what happenend

raygun9

Reaction score
+1 on the rear window water leaks and the rfhub. There is a class action lawsuit being perused against FCA right now for this.

Users who are viewing this thread