5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

dead battery with check engine light

Johnnysins

Reaction score
i had a dead battery yesterday jump started truck, then had check engine light with code p1df3 after replacing battery. i was able to clear it with a scan tool now i have the emissions monitors that need to be tested, oxygen sensor monitor, evaporative system (evap) moitor and fuel system monitor. does anyone know how to get these cleared out. what are the drive cycles that need to be completed?

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you just replaced the battery it can take a few hrs or a day to reset. How long ago did you replace it?

Johnnysins

Reaction score
If you just replaced the battery it can take a few hrs or a day to reset. How long ago did you replace it?
replaced last night. just drive it as normal to get the emission monitors to clear then?

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure they will eventually clear. Might take a few cycles.

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Typically will reset all monitors in 50-100 miles. Need combination of city and highway driving.

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk

hogger

Reaction score
I just had a dead battery replaced. The light went away after a 120mi trip that I was just at the start of, and a couple of restarts. The codes were all still present for the dealer to dl when I brought it in to get the battery replaced under warranty.

Users who are viewing this thread