5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Daylight Running Lights 2019 RAM 1500 Classic Laramie EcoDiesel 4th Gen

drm074

Reaction score
This question is specifically for only the 2019 4th Gen models. I know all the tricks for all the other years however, something has changed as of 2019 4th Gen Classic and the dealers appear to be unable to unlock/activate daylight running lights on this specific year. I have been to 3 different dealers and none can figure out how to activate DLR in my Laramie.

• There is no LM5, LM1 or LMK available for activating.
  • There is no Canada/US option that the dealer can find.
Has anyone else been able to get these turned on for 2019 4th gen Classic models?

As a significant safety feature, it is perplexing that this is an item that Dodge has chosen to make difficult to activate after years of dealers being able to simply add a sales code. I know there are trucks that are built and sold in areas that require DLR so hopefully someone has also come across this issue and has a solution.

I am not in the mood to purchase after market add-ons to accomplish what should be a standard or user available option for safety. Thanks

tim7139

Reaction score
Dealers can perform the update, but often struggle to do so even if they want to attempt it. If you do find one willing to try after connecting to the truck they go to Dealerconnect, BCM, add sales codes. They will see LMK (quad reflector) or LM5 (projector), and possibly LM1.

The video below walks you through using the AlpaOBD programming software to enable and configure the feature (If you have reflector headlights you have the option to choose from several of your lights). I've enabled it on a few trucks, and enabled the ability to turn it on and off in a few others. You may be able to find someone to you to loan you the tool, ODB adapter, and a security bypass harness. I'm loaning mine out this afternoon to enable an autodimming mirror in exchange for a cheeseburger and a coke.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/