5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dash speakers

Tesurf71

Reaction score
Anyone know how to put new ones in, I have a 19 bighorn

Thanks

WRH

Reaction score
Mine were easy... at least the speakers (I did a lot more than just speakers). To remove the dash speakers, pop up the covers (they snap off), remove two screws, unhook the harness. Snap in the new speakers to the harness (or cut it off and connect them), drop new speakers in. You may or may not need a speaker mount (I didn't). My 3.5 replacements were large and I was worried there might be an issue, but they set snug right into place. I couldn't bolt them down... I was going to get back to that, but they set in so firm I don't know that I need to. Been in a couple weeks now with no issues. The stock dash speakers are 8 ohm, so keep that in mind. If you replace them directly with 4 ohms, they might be louder than the rest of the system and make it sound unbalanced.

Lights_out

Reaction score
8 ohm, really? Is that the Alpine system or the standard one? I was thinking of replacing mine with some 2-3 ohm Polks or Infinitys like I have in other vehicles, because most OEM systems are 2 ohm.

WRH

Reaction score
Regarding 8 ohm, I don't know on the Alpine... mine was just standard.

Lights_out

Reaction score
Ok, mine is the standard one too. Good to know, thanks for the info!

Tesurf71

Reaction score
Mine were easy... at least the speakers (I did a lot more than just speakers). To remove the dash speakers, pop up the covers (they snap off), remove two screws, unhook the harness. Snap in the new speakers to the harness (or cut it off and connect them), drop new speakers in. You may or may not need a speaker mount (I didn't). My 3.5 replacements were large and I was worried there might be an issue, but they set snug right into place. I couldn't bolt them down... I was going to get back to that, but they set in so firm I don't know that I need to. Been in a couple weeks now with no issues. The stock dash speakers are 8 ohm, so keep that in mind. If you replace them directly with 4 ohms, they might be louder than the rest of the system and make it sound unbalanced.
Are yours 4 ohms, I bought some kicker 3.5

WRH

Reaction score
Yes, 4 ohm. I still am not satisfied with the tune yet though. It's a bit bright and the imaging isn't where I want it. I haven't had time to troubleshoot yet...

Users who are viewing this thread