5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dash Separating Above Speedometer

RiskReward

Reaction score
Anyone else have / notice this issue? Assume it won’t be any issue getting repaired or replaced under warranty.

2020 Limited - Can see where the corners lift on both sides. No idea when it happened, while very noticeable when you’re looking at it, not that noticeable otherwise.

ca252b33afdd99e784522a23266b498d.jpg

93ba95de4063a5490e560b00962d20ce.jpg

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Only way to fixed is to replace the whole dash.

Nope.

That part comes off, pull it straight up, there's 4 or 5 clips holding it on. I took a heat gun and slowly heated up the left corner on mine then bent it back into position. OP will need to do both sides, easy fix

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nope.

That part comes off, pull it straight up, there's 4 or 5 clips holding it on. I took a heat gun and slowly heated up the left corner on mine then bent it back into position. OP will need to do both sides, easy fix
Locktight gel..? Used that stuff to put rear seat panels back on in our Chevy work truck.... does a great job!

BowDown

Reaction score
Locktight gel..? Used that stuff to put rear seat panels back on in our Chevy work truck.... does a great job!

No need, just use heat and reshape the plastic panel. Heat the plastic on the underside, not the leather covering . Mine looked like the OP's but only the left side, took 10 minutes to fix . The sides dont attach to anything so glue, screws or clips wont work, just heat and reshape the plastic

Caulk Boss

Reaction score
Anyone else have / notice this issue? Assume it won’t be any issue getting repaired or replaced under warranty.

2020 Limited - Can see where the corners lift on both sides. No idea when it happened, while very noticeable when you’re looking at it, not that noticeable otherwise.

ca252b33afdd99e784522a23266b498d.jpg

93ba95de4063a5490e560b00962d20ce.jpg
Mine doing the same thing.. Only on left side.. Did you get it fixed?

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Apparently they changed the design on these for 2021. Or maybe it's just for those with the HUD. But the hood over my gauge cluster is not removable. I'll add a pic later today after I get home from work. I had a discussion about this with the sales rep when we went on a test drive and I noticed it's different than my wife's 2020 Limited.

Edit: Added pics

Attachments

• Gauge cluster hood 1.jpg
    Gauge cluster hood 1.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 76
  • Gauge cluster hood 2.jpg
    Gauge cluster hood 2.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 76
  • Gauge cluster hood 3.jpg
    Gauge cluster hood 3.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:

RiskReward

Reaction score
I’ll have to try heating it. No I haven’t gotten it fixed since the part is on order until this summer. Wonder how many times I’d have to reshape myself before it holds?

Sweet potato

Reaction score
I’ll have to try heating it. No I haven’t gotten it fixed since the part is on order until this summer. Wonder how many times I’d have to reshape myself before it holds?

did you ever fix this yourself? Or did you end up going to the dealer?

I just noticed this happening to my dash as well.

RHCan

USAF Retired Vet
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Mine did that. Like you wasn’t sure if it was like that when I purchased or happen later. Entire dash replaced at dealer in Frisco Tx, with no issues, no noise, no damage etc.

ait109

Reaction score
Owner of a new-to-me 2019 Limited here. Thanks to the prepwork from this forum, when I saw this problem during the inspection I said to myself, "I can fix this." But now that I have the truck and am trying to fix this, surprise #1: A previous repair consisted of epoxying the cover to the top of the dash. It took some effort but fortunately the epoxy job was done poorly and I was able to break the epoxy and remove the cover, to find surprise #2: The cover itself is severely cracked around the perimeter and one of the connectors to the dash is missing, but now surprise #3: The cover is epoxied to the front plastic gauge bezel in a way that is likely inseparable so I can't replace just the cover.

The stickers on the cover interestingly have a date code of 2020-12-17 so this was already a standalone fix or fixed as part of the entire dash being replaced.

I cannot figure out what the part numbers are for the bezel and the cover are - the sticker says "ICO CLUSTER HOOD ASSY LTHR TX7 BLAC" and 5YN96TRMAA is in the plastic. Parts diagrams on the websites I found don't help.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

20230510_101629.jpg 20230510_101713.jpg

BowDown

Reaction score
The part isn't available by itself unless you find one on ebay

Users who are viewing this thread