5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dash Mat or other dash cover?

GregW68

Reaction score
Good day all,

Has anyone installed a dash cover to help keep the sun off the dash?

Thanks,

greg

rraulston

Reaction score
Dash Designs. Been running then for years. In AZ these are mandatory.....the sun will damage everything....

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Good day all,

Thanks,

greg

Another thought - I had my windshield tinted with ceramic that also blocks 99% of UV. That way it helps keep the heat out and protects the dash. Haven't used my silver sunshade since I had it done. Works great.

sawyer84

Reaction score
Hmmm, not a bad idea. How much did that cost u?

2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn | Black Appearance Package | 3.92 Anti-Spin | B2 Magnaflow Muffler | S&B CAI

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hmmm, not a bad idea. How much did that cost u?

2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn | Black Appearance Package | 3.92 Anti-Spin | B2 Magnaflow Muffler | S&B CAI

Can't say as I had it done along with the rest of the tint and the PPF. It was just over $900 for all of it.

GregW68

Reaction score
Another thought - I had my windshield tinted with ceramic that also blocks 99% of UV. That way it helps keep the heat out and protects the dash. Haven't used my silver sunshade since I had it done. Works great.

The guy that tinted my front windows mentioned this. I had never heard of it before. Sounds like it works well. Has it caused any issues for you while driving? Night?

greg

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The guy that tinted my front windows mentioned this. I had never heard of it before. Sounds like it works well. Has it caused any issues for you while driving? Night?

greg

You get a hint of a rainbow effect if also wearing polarized sunglasses but it's not enough to bother me. The first time you hold your hand in sunlight and feel the lack of heat pouring in is absolutely worth it.

J-Cooz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
In my opinion that doesn't look nice all. If you're concerned about damage get a good UV resistant spray like 303 and put it on the dash. Also get yourself a custom sunscreen for when parked. I have a Covercraft and it fits like a glove and keeps the interior much cooler.

Lize

Reaction score
I thought the dash mat looked quite good, makes it seem sort of cozy and comforting even if baking hot!
Don't have sun issues here to need one :(

rraulston

Reaction score
In my opinion that doesn't look nice all. If you're concerned about damage get a good UV resistant spray like 303 and put it on the dash. Also get yourself a custom sunscreen for when parked. I have a Covercraft and it fits like a glove and keeps the interior much cooler.
There is no spray on earth that will protect a dash as good as keeping ALL the sun off. It was 112 the other day and I bet the dash WOULD HAVE been at least 150-175. Spray will prevent UV, simply wont help with the dash cooking. I have a sun shade as well. Those too are mandatory!

W13NY

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Interested in what everyone uses to clean the dash. I use the Silk Shine Dressing from Chemical Guys and granted it looks great once I'm done but by the next day theres dust on the dash again.

‘19ramlveryeha

Reaction score
Good day all,

Thanks,

greg

b20265a51647a5c2c3131e04bd56a09a.jpg

cover king for the win. Just arrived. After a day in the sun it will settle nicely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread