5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cylinder 3 misfire

diamondphorses94

Reaction score
So I purchased a 2016 Ram 1500 with the 5.7 engine Saturday from a dealership. Got this truck on a good deal. The miles were 200000 but upon looking vehicle had been regularly serviced and maintained. Take it home and am getting the P0303 code. Yikes 😬. So first and foremost I changed plugs and replaced coil. Checked compression. I got 120 psi. So I then take it to a local mechanic who checks pressure gets 50 psi and states that new engine needs to be installed. I have added sea foam to both fuel and oil and going to change oil within 200 miles. I’m going to remove valve cover to inspect springs and lifters, push rods. Also going to use bore scope to inspect piston cylinder walls as well as valves. I’m hoping this is going to be this case and have a valve issue. Anyone have any other advice? Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread