5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cutting out bed rail stake pockets

Bubba1120

Reaction score
I am interested in the Adarac system for hauling kayaks. What have other members done to remove the plastic from the stake pockets? Did you just simply use a sharp blade and trace it out?

Thanks!

vinnieloo

Reaction score
I have the ADARAC pro. Can carry 4 kayaks. I cut the bed rails with a utility knife. For the front ones I started with 1/2" hole in the middle of the square to find the edges of the metal. Installed Bull Rings that I take out when I install the rack. For the rears i left the "downward" portion in order to install the plastic amazon stake pocket plugs when the rack is out.
20200623_152120.jpg 20200623_174248.jpg 20210528_092117.jpg

Bubba1120

Reaction score
I have the ADARAC pro. Can carry 4 kayaks. I cut the bed rails with a utility knife. For the front ones I started with 1/2" hole in the middle of the square to find the edges of the metal. Installed Bull Rings that I take out when I install the rack. For the rears i left the "downward" portion in order to install the plastic amazon stake pocket plugs when the rack is out.
View attachment 185652 View attachment 185653 View attachment 185654
That's the model I am looking at. Is it very difficult to uninstall?

I don't want to leave the rails on over the winter and would like to take down the uprights when not hauling kayaks. What accessories do you use as a kayak cradle?

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread